Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NYE Party At Think Loud Entertainment
Fans of Live forum > Live / Ed Kowalczyk / The Gracious Few > Live Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
LiveForNow
Posted in the Freaks4LIVE FB group. I think the hint here is that there's going to be some kind of announcement about the future of Live. They know there's only one really important question on everyone's mind, and if they say they'll answer then there you go.

Anyone planning on going? I would if I lived near York. I'd be PISSED though if Ed is going to be there and they're going to play a surprise, short set and they didn't announce it in advance. I'd fly from across the country for that.

IPB Image
Unsheathed
QUOTE(LiveForNow @ Dec 2 2016, 3:59 pm) *

Posted in the Freaks4LIVE FB group. I think the hint here is that there's going to be some kind of announcement about the future of Live. They know there's only one really important question on everyone's mind, and if they say they'll answer then there you go.

Anyone planning on going? I would if I lived near York. I'd be PISSED though if Ed is going to be there and they're going to play a surprise, short set and they didn't announce it in advance. I'd fly from across the country for that.

IPB Image

Hmm. Interesting that Ed won't be there...or will he?

Hopefully we'll get some answers, one way or the other.
The Thrill
I am not sure about Ed being there. However, a GOOD possibility that Kevin Martin may be in the house.
Fool_By_The_River
QUOTE(The Thrill @ Dec 2 2016, 6:09 pm) *
I am not sure about Ed being there.
Have you any inside info to share with us about the reunion with Ed, 'The Thrill' ?
Bremang
midnight countdown lightning crashes
The Thrill
QUOTE(Fool_By_The_River @ Dec 2 2016, 9:48 pm) *

Have you any inside info to share with us about the reunion with Ed, 'The Thrill' ?

Im sorry, I don't. If there is is any news for any of the bands the guys are involved with, they will release that info when their management allows. I don't think KM is coming because of the drinks and free food lol
World Dreamer
QUOTE(The Thrill @ Dec 3 2016, 1:20 am) *

Im sorry, I don't. If there is is any news for any of the bands the guys are involved with, they will release that info when their management allows. I don't think KM is coming because of the drinks and free food lol

Is Shinn invited?
The Thrill
QUOTE(World Dreamer @ Dec 3 2016, 12:24 am) *

Is Shinn invited?

Didn't see him on the guest list.
SJN1279
QUOTE(The Thrill @ Dec 3 2016, 12:20 am) *

I don't think the time is right for The Gracious Few to come back. The focus needs to be on Live until the band reestablishes themselves as back. Ed solo and TGF need to take a back seat for the time being.
Hoodstock
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 3 2016, 9:55 am) *

I don't think the time is right for The Gracious Few to come back. The focus needs to be on Live until the band reestablishes themselves as back. Ed solo and TGF need to take a back seat for the time being.

Man, if they dropped anther TGF album on NYE I'd be happy!
The Thrill
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 3 2016, 9:55 am) *

It's a New Years Eve Party. Don't think too much into it.
SJN1279
QUOTE(The Thrill @ Dec 3 2016, 10:05 am) *

It's a New Years Eve Party. Don't think too much into it.

I always think too much....lmao smile.gif

A Gracious Few set on NYE would be great for you guys.
The Thrill
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 3 2016, 10:11 am) *

I always think too much....lmao smile.gif

A Gracious Few set on NYE would be great for you guys.

Just 5 guys jamming. Nothing more than that.
Fool_By_The_River
QUOTE(World Dreamer @ Dec 3 2016, 12:24 am) *
Is Shinn invited
That wouldn't be awkward, considering the reunion with Ed and all. facepalm.gif
World Dreamer
By Design fits this somehow.
mfitz804
No Ed...could be a good time for a "surprise" guest and announcement.
SJN1279
QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Dec 4 2016, 2:05 pm) *

No Ed...could be a good time for a "surprise" guest and announcement.

Or a surprise performance streamed online.
mfitz804
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 4 2016, 3:51 pm) *

Or a surprise performance streamed online.

Exactly.
andymbj
QUOTE(The Thrill @ Dec 3 2016, 10:24 am) *

So..Chad, Chad, Patrick, Kevin Martin...Who's the fifth jammer?
Fool_By_The_River
QUOTE(The Thrill @ Dec 3 2016, 10:24 am) *
QUOTE(andymbj @ Dec 4 2016, 9:22 pm) *
So..Chad, Chad, Patrick, Kevin Martin...Who's the fifth jammer?
I was wondering the same thing.
Heather
QUOTE(Fool_By_The_River @ Dec 4 2016, 9:30 pm) *

I was wondering the same thing.

Sean Hennesey maybe?
Fool_By_The_River
To be honest, i want it to be about the Reunion which the band has confirmed in every way possible, except officially announcing: Live is back with Ed. I'm not really fired up about the whole Kevin martin, Sean Henessey thing, although i like their music. I just want to know about LIVE w/ Ed moving forward.
World Dreamer
For the "Live Community", a surprise NYE event would be great.

For anyone outside the "Live Community" a NYE "surprise" will be drowned out by the 700 NYE events of the other bands that are relevant. A LIVE announcement wouldn't register one bit.

If Live were good a making decisions, which they aren't, they would wait and do some kind of huge announcement later.

Then again, up to this point, LIVE has more or less taken the hardcore fans for granted and have done everything possible to ignore/disappoint them time and time again.

Whatever they decide you can pretty much bet it will be the worst possible option.
mfitz804
QUOTE(World Dreamer @ Dec 5 2016, 12:15 am) *

For the "Live Community", a surprise NYE event would be great.

For anyone outside the "Live Community" a NYE "surprise" will be drowned out by the 700 NYE events of the other bands that are relevant. A LIVE announcement wouldn't register one bit.

If Live were good a making decisions, which they aren't, they would wait and do some kind of huge announcement later.

Then again, up to this point, LIVE has more or less taken the hardcore fans for granted and have done everything possible to ignore/disappoint them time and time again.

Whatever they decide you can pretty much bet it will be the worst possible option.

I agree with your logic in part; honestly I don't think its going to register much outside the hardcore fans no matter how they announce it. The non-Live community was not exactly heartbroken that Ed left in the first place; it was barely a blip.

At this point, they should be thinking of bringing back the hardcore fans first, then worrying about the rest. In a world where 14-16 year old girls probably account for 80% of music sales, a bunch of 40 somethings re-starting a band in a genre that music buyers aren't even interested anymore is not going to be some great revelation.

Reunite your fan base first, then look to expand. That's what I would do.
SJN1279
QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Dec 5 2016, 1:39 pm) *

Reunite your fan base first, then look to expand. That's what I would do.

I agree 100 percent.
mfitz804
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 5 2016, 2:14 pm) *

I agree 100 percent.

Then obviously we should be co-managing this band. Hopefully they read this and they reach out.
vivapokey
It's impossible for them to reunite their fan base now. It hasn't been united since the 90s, and even then directly after TC there were people pissed off and upset that SS and TDTH weren't like TC. The worse and worse Ed got only furthered to split the fans more. Then when Ed turned out to be a thieving piece of pond scum and left it split further thenwe got Chris and people realised there was now an alternative which was good. Then Chris left and we're back with Ed...there's just no way it can be reunited. The only thing they can do is just do...what they do. It'll possibly just alienate part of the fan base to the point they leave and all you're left with are the Ed fans..so, they themselves would be united. But united is different from reunited.
mfitz804
QUOTE(vivapokey @ Dec 5 2016, 6:40 pm) *

It's impossible for them to reunite their fan base now. It hasn't been united since the 90s, and even then directly after TC there were people pissed off and upset that SS and TDTH weren't like TC. The worse and worse Ed got only furthered to split the fans more. Then when Ed turned out to be a thieving piece of pond scum and left it split further thenwe got Chris and people realised there was now an alternative which was good. Then Chris left and we're back with Ed...there's just no way it can be reunited. The only thing they can do is just do...what they do. It'll possibly just alienate part of the fan base to the point they leave and all you're left with are the Ed fans..so, they themselves would be united. But united is different from reunited.

I couldn't disagree more. I was going to type out a whole response, instead I'll just say "the opposite of this".
SJN1279
QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Dec 5 2016, 7:18 pm) *

I couldn't disagree more. I was going to type out a whole response, instead I'll just say "the opposite of this".

You're not going to get all the fans from the 90's back, that is just an impossibility.

However, I have been sensing a lot of excitement from social media regarding the reunion. People are excited to see Live again, and I believe that their return will be very successful. 90's successful? No. But much more successful together, than they ever were apart.
vivapokey
QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Dec 6 2016, 11:18 am) *

You really think I'm 2016/17 Ed will rediscover what made him great in the 90s and somehow reproduce quality of that level so undeniable that fans who have continually felt more and more resentment towards him for 15yrs will come back around in such numbers it'll reunite the fanbase? 'It only that, but he'll find a way to make so many of those fans somehow forget all the underhanded and horrible things he did along the way to a point where they can enjoy the music unobstructed? I mean, sure, if you believe in miracles/God, then why not...
You can say that CCP have that belief in him again, but CCP also stand to make some money out of this so that comes back to my original point in all of this reunion - it's purely financially motivated and that isn't in the spirit of Live. It's CCP recognising a chance to make some more cash and the financial partners getting on board because they want some more money too. With all that going on, how can a fan base truly reunite?

But as Nick says, it's all about how "successful" it is. CCP should welcome Nick back with open arms now seeing as they at least have reunited in philosophies - money!!
SJN1279
If you're a CCP fan or a Live fan, you should want the reunion to be successful. I don't see Chris Shinn coming back at all, or The Gracious Few returning long term.

If you want to see CCP perform, Live with Ed is your best bet.
vivapokey
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 6 2016, 11:41 am) *

If you're a CCP fan or a Live fan, you should want the reunion to be successful. I don't see Chris Shinn coming back at all, or The Gracious Few returning long term.

If you want to see CCP perform, Live with Ed is your best bet.

Ok? None of that was really anything that I was talking about. But point being, CCP themselves lost a lot of fans with their (if we can use a term this board used to love) heel turn. Of course we won't see Chris with Live or TGF as a priority. None of that is disputed. But what I think needs to happen is see a reunion of CCP and yourself. A photo of yourself hugging it out with CAG. I reckon you should try and go to this NYE party because clearly the band is totally on board with the way you approach music.
SJN1279
QUOTE(vivapokey @ Dec 5 2016, 8:20 pm) *

Ok? None of that was really anything that I was talking about. But point being, CCP themselves lost a lot of fans with their (if we can use a term this board used to love) heel turn. Of course we won't see Chris with Live or TGF as a priority. None of that is disputed. But what I think needs to happen is see a reunion of CCP and yourself. A photo of yourself hugging it out with CAG. I reckon you should try and go to this NYE party because clearly the band is totally on board with the way you approach music.

Why would CCP fans be upset with them taking a more lucrative option? Would you want to have to work on the road, and come back with less money than you started with?

CCP want to play music, playing music with Ed is their best option to do what they do best, and make money at the same time.
vivapokey
lol how do you still not get that "lucrative" isn't what a lot of people are interested in music for? Former CCP fans would likely be upset at CCP for selling out and taking this "lucrative" option over artistic integrity. All that they spent years crowing about flushed down the toilet in favour of a bigger pay day. I don't care about their finances, that's not my job. And it's very hard to get behind an artist whose biggest priority is money over quality of music.

But I digress. I think you and CCP should definitely bury the hatchet and be mates again since you're all on board the money train together. You should go along to the NYE party! You do want to reunite the fan base so, time for you and them to reunite I think. All bounded together under one common goal: get Ed more money
mfitz804
Pretty clear you'd still bitter. I'm leaving you out when I reunite the fanbase!!!

smile.gif
vivapokey
I wouldn't even really say bitter. More disappointed.
Merica
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 6 2016, 1:53 am) *

Why would CCP fans be upset with them taking a more lucrative option? Would you want to have to work on the road, and come back with less money than you started with?

CCP want to play music, playing music with Ed is their best option to do what they do best, and make money at the same time.

Well in this case the more lucrative option is also potentially (neigh: very probably) a step down in terms of the quality of music. And since I don't really care how much money they make, it's pretty simple to be disappointed and/or anxious and/or cautious about the road they've chosen to go down.

And that's not mentioning any of the known and/or alleged slights by Ed, or the way CCP dragged their loyal fans down a new exciting OMG IT'S SO GOOD NOW path only to pull a 180. Some of us are still down that new road going wait, wtf?
SJN1279
QUOTE(vivapokey @ Dec 5 2016, 11:17 pm) *

I wouldn't even really say bitter. More disappointed.

They made it a go with a new singer, and it didn't work. They barely toured, and as a fan of the band, shows are what you want.
Merica
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 6 2016, 11:53 am) *

They made it a go with a new singer, and it didn't work. They barely toured, and as a fan of the band, shows are what you want.

Perhaps shows feel less important to those of us across the globe!
Fool_By_The_River
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 6 2016, 6:53 am) *
as a fan of the band, shows are what you want.
I would rather have music.
vivapokey
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 6 2016, 10:53 pm) *

To me it did work, better than anything they've done in 15yrs - a fantastic album and, for me at least, the best live show I have seen from them since 1997. But that is measuring it on musical output rather than measuring it on financial gains. Again, that's where you and I always differ.
vivapokey
QUOTE(Merica @ Dec 6 2016, 10:33 pm) *

Well in this case the more lucrative option is also potentially (neigh: very probably) a step down in terms of the quality of music. And since I don't really care how much money they make, it's pretty simple to be disappointed and/or anxious and/or cautious about the road they've chosen to go down.

And that's not mentioning any of the known and/or alleged slights by Ed, or the way CCP dragged their loyal fans down a new exciting OMG IT'S SO GOOD NOW path only to pull a 180. Some of us are still down that new road going wait, wtf?

I have this image of CCP loading up a big bus full of fans. Advertising the trip of a life time! It's going to be so much better than any other trip they've done over the past decade! This bus trip is everything so many of the fans had wanted! Sure it may be a budget trip and may be going off the beaten path, but we want that. We don't just want to go visit the biggest tourist attractions. So everyone loads into the bus and The Turn is blaring on the speakers and it's all going great and then the slam the breaks. They get off the bus without saying a word and walk away leaving everyone sitting there like "wait, wtf?" You then see another bus drive past with CCP and Ed hanging out the windows with those novelty sacks of money with the $ sign on them laughing while Parasite by Ed blares on that bus' speakers
Merica
Ha, yeah. As well as being funny, that's also pretty much how it feels. Kind of like you've been scammed a bit.
FishOutaWater
Pokey, I get where you are coming from. But time passes and things change. It's been years since they broke with Ed and years since they were in the studio making The Turn. When they moved forward with Chris and The Turn, they were into it. While it is possible that they decided that they wanted a money grab and just swallowed their pride with Ed, and screwed over the fans "on the bus", I think it is equally plausible that the collaboration with Chris Shinn fizzled for whatever reasons may have existed, they healed wounds with Ed (after all, they have been best friends since kindergarten and lived, works, travelled and created as a band together for more than 2 decades) and they decided to put effort into being Live with Ed again. I am not being a blind sucker about this. I will wait and see what it looks and sounds like before I make any judgments about whether I like what it is. But I am no more willing to assume that it is just a calculated money grab that will result in terrible music than I am willing to assume that this will be the greatest thing for Live fans. Frankly, the worst thing would be if it is somewhere in between, with average music that kinda sounds like Live but isn't quite great, and Ed and CCP fans are left unsure how to feel about the mending of the relationship, and it leaves it ambiguous about whether Live is good, bad or indifferent. That would just be a half measure that doesn't please anyone at all. I rather be fully happy or fully disappointed.
vivapokey
QUOTE(FishOutaWater @ Dec 7 2016, 12:36 am) *

Pokey, I get where you are coming from. But time passes and things change. It's been years since they broke with Ed and years since they were in the studio making The Turn. When they moved forward with Chris and The Turn, they were into it. While it is possible that they decided that they wanted a money grab and just swallowed their pride with Ed, and screwed over the fans "on the bus", I think it is equally plausible that the collaboration with Chris Shinn fizzled for whatever reasons may have existed, they healed wounds with Ed (after all, they have been best friends since kindergarten and lived, works, travelled and created as a band together for more than 2 decades) and they decided to put effort into being Live with Ed again. I am not being a blind sucker about this. I will wait and see what it looks and sounds like before I make any judgments about whether I like what it is. But I am no more willing to assume that it is just a calculated money grab that will result in terrible music than I am willing to assume that this will be the greatest thing for Live fans. Frankly, the worst thing would be if it is somewhere in between, with average music that kinda sounds like Live but isn't quite great, and Ed and CCP fans are left unsure how to feel about the mending of the relationship, and it leaves it ambiguous about whether Live is good, bad or indifferent. That would just be a half measure that doesn't please anyone at all. I rather be fully happy or fully disappointed.

Nah, not buying it.

And even if I bought that it was all in the best of faith, at the end of the day it's about the music and the music will sound like Ed and that's a very bad thing to me.
SJN1279
QUOTE(vivapokey @ Dec 6 2016, 8:15 am) *

To me it did work, better than anything they've done in 15yrs - a fantastic album and, for me at least, the best live show I have seen from them since 1997. But that is measuring it on musical output rather than measuring it on financial gains. Again, that's where you and I always differ.

So your favorite Live performance was a 30 minute opening set before Def Lepard?
Merica
Quality not quantity and all that.
vivapokey
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Dec 7 2016, 2:20 am) *

So your favorite Live performance was a 30 minute opening set before Def Lepard?

No, it was the near 2 hour headlining show at The Forum the night after. I did not go to the Def Lepard show.

e: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/live/2015/fo...a-23f54487.html
TonyD
QUOTE(vivapokey @ Dec 6 2016, 11:38 am) *

No, it was the near 2 hour headlining show at The Forum the night after. I did not go to the Def Lepard show.

Did you ever see live in the 90s?
MightyHet
QUOTE(vivapokey @ Dec 6 2016, 9:38 am) *

This is one of the most laughable posts I've ever seen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.