Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New York, NY (Gramercy Theatre)
Fans of Live forum > Live / Ed Kowalczyk / The Gracious Few > Live - Tour dates & reviews
dangum
http://www.bandsintown.com/event/8663110?a...e&came_from=217

VIP packages available
$350
2 VIP access tickets to the show, soundcheck, meet & greet with the band, and 2 signed items of merch (poster/t-shirt
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/live/exclusives
Costakoui

Any news? Anybody who was there? How are the new sogns live?
SJN1279
QUOTE(dangum @ Oct 23 2014, 6:33 am) *

They look bored, the band that is.
feverpusher
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Oct 23 2014, 8:57 am) *

I don't know....no disrespect to the people who went, but the overall crowd and vibe seemed kinda ehh!
alexou
they can't have the energy as when they were 25. So Pearl Jam must be out of fuel as well as they are not that big movers on stage nowadays anyway.

It's not perfect. It was a grip I had at the AC show last year. But when I saw them this summer it was totally different. Both Shinn and CT were amazing. And I think this N-Y show is better than the AC in that matter.
drewgood
QUOTE(alexou @ Oct 23 2014, 10:07 am) *

they can't have the energy as when they were 25. So Pearl Jam must be out of fuel as well as they are not that big movers on stage nowadays anyway.

It's not perfect. It was a grip I had at the AC show last year. But when I saw them this summer it was totally different. Both Shinn and CT were amazing. And I think this N-Y show is better than the AC in that matter.

It was dank and rainy outside, like all dayÖ so people were probably a bit grumbly and zapped energy-wise in that way. And the venue was charging $3 for one of those miniature bags of Doritos you see in the supermarket, so that didnít help much. Lol

But the band seemed to work it as much or as little as most times Iíve seen them. My one complaint about Chris was that there were times he wasnít always singing directly into the mic, but I thought he worked hard and sounded pretty solid. Iím partially biased since he came out into the crowd and gave me a high-five (him coming into the crowd woke people up a little). You can see it in the Operation Spirit vid Ė at the 1:50 mark lol

Overall, a good setlist compared to years past. Itís never going to be perfect (will they never play ĎWe Walk in the Dreamí?!), but Iím glad they threw Iris into the mix. Iím surprised they didnít play a few more new songs, but I guess with how few tour dates theyíve got going, they didnít want to risk disappointing the NY crowd by leaving out the usual hits.

Bottomline, Iím glad I went, and it was definitely worth the price of admission, so you really canít ask for more than that.

Maybe Iíll see Edís unplugged thing next year, maybe not. So this might be my last show for a while, and it was good to see them in a venue that only seats 500.

zmanpga

you are boring! hi.gif
SJN1279
The fact that the concert took place in the biggest market in the world in only a 499 seat venue and failed to sell out is very telling about the prospects of this version of Live.
SinfulEyes
It'll take some time for the fans to come back. Word has to get out the old burnt oout lead singer isn't around ruining it for everyone anymore. I nominate Nikki for this job.
Bremang
"They Don't Know" is Rogerton
SJN1279
QUOTE(SinfulEyes @ Oct 23 2014, 7:22 pm) *

It'll take some time for the fans to come back. Word has to get out the old burnt oout lead singer isn't around ruining it for everyone anymore. I nominate Nikki for this job.

I thought you originally said that fans were back in droves, but now you say it is going to take some time.
SinfulEyes
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Oct 23 2014, 8:58 pm) *

I thought you originally said that fans were back in droves, but now you say it is going to take some time.

I never said it happened overnight Mr. Uneducated gym teacher.
Bob
CT played LJ on his Tele, instead of on Ruby Lou. That's gotta be some sort of blasphemy.

Has RL been retired to the Think Loud studios?
SctSamadhi

You don't have a clue. Pat was more animated then I've seen him possibly ever. Shinn was in the crowd twice during the set. The crowd was singing along even to some of the new stuff. The place was packed and the best live show I've seen since the late 90s.

You know what is boring? Every stupid ass post you put in this live thread. You hate the band we get it, you worship the ground Ed walks on we get it. I have an idea. Why don't you stay out of this thread and hang out in the Ed one?
SJN1279
QUOTE(SinfulEyes @ Oct 23 2014, 10:50 pm) *

They have been back for 2.5 years. Hardly overnight.
mattyeagles
QUOTE(SinfulEyes @ Oct 23 2014, 10:50 pm) *

Aactually, you said fans are back in droves - present tense
SinfulEyes
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Oct 24 2014, 6:43 am) *

They have been back for 2.5 years. Hardly overnight.

I consider the release of this album, which still hasnt happened yet, their official comeback.
mattyeagles
QUOTE(SinfulEyes @ Oct 24 2014, 9:52 am) *

I consider the release of this album, which still hasnt happened yet, their official comeback.

So you think in a year or so they will have a bigger fan base than now? I think that is highly unlikely given that a portion of the people at the concert had no idea they switched lead singers..yes I was at the concert.

None of this is important, the new music is actually pretty good. I am just curious about how delirious you really are.
SinfulEyes
QUOTE(mattyeagles @ Oct 24 2014, 11:12 am) *

So you think in a year or so they will have a bigger fan base than now? I think that is highly unlikely given that a portion of the people at the concert had no idea they switched lead singers..yes I was at the concert.

None of this is important, the new music is actually pretty good. I am just curious about how delirious you really are.

It's unreasonable to think their fanbase can grow now that they're back and releasing new music? Sounds like someone is a huge debbie-downer and negative nancy.
mattyeagles
QUOTE(SinfulEyes @ Oct 24 2014, 11:29 am) *

It's unreasonable to think their fanbase can grow now that they're back and releasing new music? Sounds like someone is a huge debbie-downer and negative nancy.

Maybe its not unreasonable but its unrealistic for sure. This is like when people were predicting "cyring time" and "appetite" would be huge hits for The Gracious Few. Best case scenario for Live nowadays is maybe regaining some fans they lost. That's not a knock on the music, I am just saying that there is very little chance they are getting new fans from this album.
SinfulEyes
QUOTE(mattyeagles @ Oct 24 2014, 1:12 pm) *

Maybe its not unreasonable but its unrealistic for sure. This is like when people were predicting "cyring time" and "appetite" would be huge hits for The Gracious Few. Best case scenario for Live nowadays is maybe regaining some fans they lost. That's not a knock on the music, I am just saying that there is very little chance they are getting new fans from this album.

If they can regain some of the lost original Live fans due to Ed's antics that would be a huge win in my book. It would be pretty hard to dispute that.
+AllOverMe+
Jesus christ! why does it matter it was not sold out?
i'm sure people had a great time, that's all that matters.

come on...
PurdueSteve
QUOTE(mattyeagles @ Oct 24 2014, 11:12 am) *

Did they realize it after the show started or did you have to tell them? I wonder how many people think the bald guy just grew hair instead?
mattyeagles
QUOTE(PurdueSteve @ Oct 24 2014, 2:20 pm) *

Did they realize it after the show started or did you have to tell them? I wonder how many people think the bald guy just grew hair instead?

I didnt tell anyone anything ha..its not my job to educate people that someone else is signing songs he didnt write
mattyeagles
QUOTE(SinfulEyes @ Oct 24 2014, 1:37 pm) *

If they can regain some of the lost original Live fans due to Ed's antics that would be a huge win in my book. It would be pretty hard to dispute that.

You mean the same people who started listening to Live initially because of Ed?
dangum
Soundcheck footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yg_zj6ejCE
Voodoo Lady
Has anyone heard the new stuff get radio airplay yet? I get text messages from my local rock station when they play +LIVE+, but so far it's still Lightning Crashes or I Alone. No airplay certainly isn't going to promote the new album, get people to shows, aid in new lead singer awareness or getting fans back in droves that you all are arguing about.
dangum
There are a bunch of photos from the show uploaded to Live's site - shame they're all black and white though...

http://freaks4live.com/media/

IPB Image

IPB Image
dangum
QUOTE(Voodoo Lady @ Oct 25 2014, 8:01 am) *

Has anyone heard the new stuff get radio airplay yet?
If you follow Live on Twitter, they will often shout out to any radio station that plays the new single.
https://twitter.com/freaks4live

Previously people would post here the number of times certain radio stations had played Live or Ed's new tracks. If anybody wants to keep track of that sort of stuff then feel free to start a new thread.
dangum
Setlist from the show:

1. The Way Around is Through
2. All Over You
3. Selling the Drama
4. 6310 Rodgerton Dr.
5. The Siren's Call
6. Rattlesnake
7. Freaks
8. Pain Lies on the Riverside
9. Operation Spirit
10. Lightning Crashes
11. The Dolphin's Cry
12.Iris
13. Lakini's Juice
14. I Alone
-- encore --
15. We Open the Door
16. White, Discussion
Live4Life
Atleast they are playing a good amount of songs. They always did though...
GRADCHACEY
The NEW stuff was really good, the old stuff, well, no one holds a candle to Ed in his prime but they were enjoyable. Chris brought a ton of aggression which songs like Discussion and Discussion have lacked for years. Overall a fantastic show. Had the VIP package, they were all really awesome guys.

QUOTE(Costakoui @ Oct 23 2014, 6:13 am) *

Any news? Anybody who was there? How are the new sogns live?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.