Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Hed Goes West - July 19th, 2009
Fans of Live forum > Live / Ed Kowalczyk / The Gracious Few > Live - Tour dates & reviews
zmanpga
Will never forget JULY 19th, 2009! rockin.gif

http://youtu.be/T89aFJYQpcc
OutToDry
Trying to one up me? tongue.gif
SecretInsomnia
QUOTE(zmanpga @ May 18 2011, 4:48 am) *

Will never forget JULY 19th, 2009! rockin.gif

http://youtu.be/T89aFJYQpcc

it might be Live's last show, and the chemistry might have been gone (as reviews said), but both Ed and the band were still on fire on this one. Would go to every Live show they play this on, if they came back together.
jaybb
Chad Taylor's comment regarding this clip on Facebook:

Chad Taylor Yeah, I won't forget them either. I couldn't wait to get away from that jackwagon. Satan is not a good band mate.
10 hours ago Like

OutToDry
zman left me a message to check that out........interesting analogy there.
dangum
I'd never heard the term 'jackwagon' before so I looked it up. Here are some of the definitions I found:
  • When something goes awry; someone who fouls something up, i.e., plans, projects, etc.
  • A crybaby loser pussy-type who needs to grow some cajones and start acting like a man
  • Loser. Someone who is totally worthless.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jackwagon
OutToDry
dangum, you win the prize for today!!! There is a popular commecial here in the states that uses that old crazy military guy who has that reality show on the military channel....that's his big line!!
sh4rpz
QUOTE(dangum @ May 18 2011, 9:18 pm) *

I'd never heard the term 'jackwagon' before so I looked it up. Here are some of the definitions I found:
  • When something goes awry; someone who fouls something up, i.e., plans, projects, etc.
  • A crybaby loser pussy-type who needs to grow some cajones and start acting like a man

Wow! I learned a new word! Thanks CT and dangum!

So, I guess this means no LIVE reunion?
SecretInsomnia
QUOTE(jaybb @ May 18 2011, 7:57 pm) *

Chad Taylor's comment regarding this clip on Facebook:
Chad Taylor Yeah, I won't forget them either. I couldn't wait to get away from that jackwagon. Satan is not a good band mate.
10 hours ago Like

hmm, oke. Was that a comment of a year ago or so, or very recently. In the last situation, I guess something bad happened. Something that tells me the planned July meeting will be postphoned (*sarcastic look*)...

Pokey
QUOTE(dangum @ May 19 2011, 12:18 pm) *

This sounds about right.
dangum
QUOTE(SecretInsomnia @ May 20 2011, 4:48 am) *

hmm, oke. Was that a comment of a year ago or so, or very recently.
Chad's comment was posted yesterday.
jaybb
QUOTE(SecretInsomnia @ May 19 2011, 12:48 pm) *

hmm, oke. Was that a comment of a year ago or so, or very recently. In the last situation, I guess something bad happened. Something that tells me the planned July meeting will be postphoned (*sarcastic look*)...

What planned July meeting?
dangum
QUOTE(jaybb @ May 20 2011, 9:08 am) *

What planned July meeting?

July 2011 was supposed to be the end of the 2 year hiatus. Chad has mentioned a few times that he intended to have a conversation with Ed at that time.
Hoodstock
QUOTE(dangum @ May 18 2011, 10:18 pm) *

I'd never heard the term 'jackwagon' before so I looked it up.

Got my laugh in today! happy.gif

QUOTE(sh4rpz @ May 19 2011, 6:03 am) *

Wow! I learned a new word! Thanks CT and dangum!

So, I guess this means no LIVE reunion?

I'm guessing he made the reach and Ed was being Ed.

Give it a few weeks though. Taylor is like a roller coaster.

With everything Taylor was saying if there's nothing said by him by the end of August about meeting with Ed then Live is dead forever as far as I'm concerned.
Pokey
QUOTE(Hoodstock @ May 22 2011, 3:40 am) *

Got my laugh in today! happy.gif
I'm guessing he made the reach and Ed was being Ed.

Give it a few weeks though. Taylor is like a roller coaster.

With everything Taylor was saying if there's nothing said by him by the end of August about meeting with Ed then Live is dead forever as far as I'm concerned.

True, it is kind of amusing currently. I actually did a "whoa.." at calling Ed Satan, then it made me lol. It was like something someone on these boards would say, except it was his childhood friend. Certainly says something about Ed!
OutToDry
Yeah, those comments say something, totally. I kind of know, but will hold back on saying anything. smile.gif
Pokey
QUOTE(OutToDry @ May 22 2011, 11:49 pm) *

Yeah, those comments say something, totally. I kind of know, but will hold back on saying anything. smile.gif

Only pussies hold back dude tongue.gif
OutToDry
Um, just out of courtesy and request, I'll let the Live boys speak.
Pokey
Dude you can't turn into Zman with his "hey guys i just found out all this amazing news!! but, i cant tell you smile.gif" tongue.gif
OutToDry
Why can't I? nod.gif Read what I wrote.
Pokey
No excuse! tongue.gif
SecretInsomnia
how are you related to the band? (just curious)
OutToDry
I am not related to the band.
briburge
Chad whants to reunite now Ed is Satan. Surprised Ed is not in for a reunion.
OutToDry
Say what you want, believe what you want.
Pokey
Chad wants to reunite now that Ed is Satan because as we all know, rock n roll is the devil's music!
+Ed+
E, you beat me to it lol.gif Chad wants to reunite with Satan!
sh4rpz
note to self: do not get high then visit fansoflive.com ever again.
deepenoughtodive
I love Chad Taylor but he really must be bipolar or something.
thefunkyredcaboose
Wonder if this vitriol is related to the b-sides release?
dancing queen
I just watched this...having been thrilled to see it at that show. I was not watching during the song - I didn't realize how bored chad and pat looked, even during this song. I also didn't catch that ed changed the lyric to "and when the lanced *my* skull..."
I've always had positive experiences meeting Ed and the rest of the guys, but it does seem remarkably ego maniacal.
Not to fuel the "ed sucks" fires... just wondering if anyone else had caught it.
OutToDry
never picked up on it but interesting for certain.
Existentialist MD
Yeah, noticed it. Not only ego maniacal, but Ed's drifting toward just stating the obvious instead of seducing the listener slowly. Gas Hed was always about Ed.
LolEd
Holy crap. Never saw that Chad called him Satan and a jackwagon.

Seems fitting after what we have learned about Ed though doesn't it? I truly feel sad for Ed and the rift he has created between himself and the guys he once was brothers with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.