Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlanta, GA
Fans of Live forum > Live / Ed Kowalczyk / The Gracious Few > Live - Tour dates & reviews
SJN1279
From Ed's twitter:

Twitterites! you hear it first! New Eddie K show -"Eddie's Attic" (love it) in Atlanta, GA Weds, July 8th..tix available now:

http://www.ticketfusion.com/store/one/inde...&qid=4872853272
brianblank
Very cool, Eddie's Attic is a great venue, too bad I can't make it to ATL for the show.
PurdueSteve
This worked out well. I have a meeting in Atlanta on that very day and will have a company sponsored trip to Atlanta laid before me at the perfect time.

Because I'll be in Atlanta on business I have to go to the show alone, anyone else going?
Existentialist
I'll be there
Distance to Me
Fuck yea! Eddie's Attic is right down the street from my school!
Existentialist
I'm glad I get to meet you fuckers. What do you think, fansoflive dinner beforehand? It's on me.
PurdueSteve
QUOTE(Existentialist @ Jun 18 2009, 7:10 pm) *

I'm glad I get to meet you fuckers. What do you think, fansoflive dinner beforehand? It's on me.

Only if you promise not to try and grope me at any time. Homo-phobes tend to do stuff like that surprisingly.

banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

PurdueSteve
QUOTE(Distance to Me @ Jun 18 2009, 3:29 pm) *

Fuck yea! Eddie's Attic is right down the street from my school!

Have you been to a show there?

I'm down with meeting up, I'll be driving from somewhere near the Atlanta airport to "Decatur" and probably won't leave my meeting until 6 or 6:30PM.

How long of a drive is that in afternoon Atlanta traffic? I'm not very familiar with the area.
Existentialist
Yeah, we'll see how much shit you talk Steve. PM me for the details on dinner
+Ed+
Take pics, mofos!
TheBeacon
Just got my two tickets!!! Wooohooo
SJN1279

Tickets for: Wednesday - 07/08 - 8:00 PM
Completely SOLD OUT! Join us on our rooftop patio bar and grill for a FREE LIVE broadcast of the show, space available! - Eddie Kowalczyk (of LIVE), David Fountain at Eddie's Attic
Decatur, GA

PurdueSteve
Just touched down in ATL, if anyone is getting together for this show let me know. Ill be the near bald bearded guy with a DSLR and a poster-tube (hoping to get ed to hancock a poster all the other band members signed years ago)
Distance to Me
This was the setlist, pretty much. I'm sure I messed up in a few places.

1. Supernatural
2. Get Ready
3. Face and Ghost
4. The Dolphin's Cry
5. The Distance
6. The River
7. Zion
8. Turn My Head
9. Sparkle
10. Blowin' in the Wind
11. I Alone
12. Forever
13. They Stood Up For Love
14. Heaven
15. Sofia
16. Iris
17. Lightning Crashes
18. Dance With You

The show was actually pretty cool. I could've done without the Songs From Black Mountain stuff, but The River turned out much better than I thought it would.

I got some stuff signed afterwords, and talked with Ed a bit about his upcoming solo album. I asked him if it would just be him acoustic or if he would have a backing band. He said that there would be some acoustic stuff, but most of it he would have a backing band (he was pretty blazed, though, so I don't know how much truth is in this). I forgot to ask whether Zion would be full band or acoustic (doh!), but otherwise I don't think I forgot anything.
SJN1279
QUOTE(Distance to Me @ Jul 9 2009, 2:36 pm) *

This was the setlist, pretty much. I'm sure I messed up in a few places.

1. Supernatural
2. Get Ready
3. Face and Ghost
4. The Dolphin's Cry
5. The Distance
6. The River
7. Zion
8. Turn My Head
9. Sparkle
10. Blowin' in the Wind
11. I Alone
12. Forever
13. They Stood Up For Love
14. Heaven
15. Sofia
16. Iris
17. Lightning Crashes
18. Dance With You

The show was actually pretty cool. I could've done without the Songs From Black Mountain stuff, but The River turned out much better than I thought it would.

I got some stuff signed afterwords, and talked with Ed a bit about his upcoming solo album. I asked him if it would just be him acoustic or if he would have a backing band. He said that there would be some acoustic stuff, but most of it he would have a backing band (he was pretty blazed, though, so I don't know how much truth is in this). I forgot to ask whether Zion would be full band or acoustic (doh!), but otherwise I don't think I forgot anything.

Sparkle, Supernatural, Get Ready, Face and Ghost?! What an amazing setlist!

Ed did mention that would be bringing the rock as well as the acoustic stuff in a recent blog. I am really pumped for his solo album.
Pokey
jesus christ amazing additions to the setlist, both supernatural and face and ghost are in my top 10 fav Live songs ever .. psyched about the melbourne show now!
VoodooLady
wow!

but help me out here.. i'm a tool.. Supernatural?
iateyourcookie
QUOTE(Pokey @ Jul 10 2009, 5:31 am) *

jesus christ amazing additions to the setlist, both supernatural and face and ghost are in my top 10 fav Live songs ever .. psyched about the melbourne show now!

You and me both, mate - got my tix yesterday, too, really looking forward to this!
Pokey
QUOTE(VoodooLady @ Jul 9 2009, 11:13 pm) *

wow!

but help me out here.. i'm a tool.. Supernatural?

A cover song they used to do back around 1995-1997 which IMO is the best cover they've done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dj7cZMeaBc
VoodooLady
QUOTE(Pokey @ Jul 10 2009, 3:28 am) *

A cover song they used to do back around 1995-1997 which IMO is the best cover they've done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dj7cZMeaBc

an answer AND a link! awesome all around...
maybe EK will release the acoustic version
PurdueSteve
QUOTE(VoodooLady @ Jul 10 2009, 8:35 am) *

an answer AND a link! awesome all around...
maybe EK will release the acoustic version

There is a very good version of this song that comes from an old 99x acoustic show that Ed and Chad G. did back when TC was first released.
Pokey
and a great full band version on the bootleg which is actually titled "Supernatural" I believe, its around his site somewhere in the downloads section
TheBeacon
This show was amazing! I was a little worried that it may not be as hyped as a regular LIVE show but even though is was solo Ed still has a lot of energy. I would recommend everyone check one of his solo shows out, it was awesome! Opening with Supernatural and Face and Ghost blew me away. He even mentioned that he was dissapointed that they never played this song as much as he wanted during the TDTH tour back in the day. There was this one group that kept yelling play Iris all nite long and he finally busted it out during the encore which was cool. I grabbed the setlist after the show and there was no Iris on there so that was definetly added spur of the moment by Ed. Very cool! He He also mentioned that his oldest daughter had broken her elbow earlier and she had a nice pretty pink cast. Nice to hear Ed talk to the crowd, he even mentioned his twitter account and that his new song Zion is not finished yet! After the show we got Ed to sign the setlist that we grabbed and he immediately said "hey where did you get that?" "did you grab that off my music stand?" I thought it was funny but he did seem a little mad about it but signed it anyway. Cool show and hopes he continues to pull out some more songs we havent heard in concert for a long time.
lovedivine
QUOTE(TheBeacon @ Jul 11 2009, 2:02 pm) *

This show was amazing! I was a little worried that it may not be as hyped as a regular LIVE show but even though is was solo Ed still has a lot of energy. I would recommend everyone check one of his solo shows out, it was awesome! Opening with Supernatural and Face and Ghost blew me away. He even mentioned that he was dissapointed that they never played this song as much as he wanted during the TDTH tour back in the day. There was this one group that kept yelling play Iris all nite long and he finally busted it out during the encore which was cool. I grabbed the setlist after the show and there was no Iris on there so that was definetly added spur of the moment by Ed. Very cool! He He also mentioned that his oldest daughter had broken her elbow earlier and she had a nice pretty pink cast. Nice to hear Ed talk to the crowd, he even mentioned his twitter account and that his new song Zion is not finished yet! After the show we got Ed to sign the setlist that we grabbed and he immediately said "hey where did you get that?" "did you grab that off my music stand?" I thought it was funny but he did seem a little mad about it but signed it anyway. Cool show and hopes he continues to pull out some more songs we havent heard in concert for a long time.

Sounds like a great night!!!!!!!
Im going to both melbourne shows in August and after almost 3 years ,it cant come quick
enough!!!!!!!!!! kicking.gif yahoo.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.