Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gilford, NH - Meadowbrook
Fans of Live forum > Live / Ed Kowalczyk / The Gracious Few > Live - Tour dates & reviews
dangum
http://www.meadowbrook.net/?page=event_info&show_code=061909

On sale: May 2nd

City: Gilford, NH
Venue: Meadowbrook U.S. Cellular Pavilion
Date: June 19, 2009

[Credit: susan]
SJN1279
QUOTE(dangum @ Apr 30 2009, 9:28 am) *

http://www.meadowbrook.net/?page=event_info&show_code=061909

On sale: May 2nd

City: Gilford, NH
Venue: Meadowbrook U.S. Cellular Pavilion
Date: June 19, 2009

[Credit: susan]

Good work!
crazy1
Nick,
Live needs to come back to NJ. lol.gif

SJN1279
QUOTE(crazy1 @ Apr 30 2009, 12:16 pm) *

Nick,
Live needs to come back to NJ. lol.gif

I'm very tempted to make a 5 and a half hour drive for this show. Unfortunately, I doubt that Live and Candlebox will be a full tour.
crazy1
Ah...I'd like to go to this one but I'll have to pass. Too far away and I have to work the next day.
DuReview
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Apr 30 2009, 1:25 pm) *

I'm very tempted to make a 5 and a half hour drive for this show. Unfortunately, I doubt that Live and Candlebox will be a full tour.

I love this venue, plus the surrounding area with various lakes is great
Joe
QUOTE(DuReview @ May 4 2009, 2:44 pm) *

I love this venue, plus the surrounding area with various lakes is great

Any idea what a 'VIP' ticket is at this venue? I bought a couple from stubhub front-row center, which is section 'B', but they were advertised as 'Section B-VIP' and on the ticket is a little VIP logo. Is that for the good parking or something?
SJN1279
I'm going, is the VIP parking worthwhile?
DuReview
I've never seen them offer VIP parking up there. So this must be fairly new, I've never been in a rush to get out of there. In my experience the line has moved at a decent pace in regular free parking.
SJN1279
Flying out to the show tomorrow afternoon. I'll have a report up sometime this weekend.
lovedivine
Hope the show is rockin tonite rockin.gif
Didnt know much about CB so i checked them out. As luck would have it some guy uploaded their june 6 show on their website!
Once again enjoy the show tonite & looking forward to the reviews! happy.gif
SJN1279
A good show in NH. The crowd was large and decent. They knew the hits but not much else. My one complaint is that Ed did not interact with his bandmates during the show(it was also mentioned in another thread last week). I feel one of Live's strengths is chemistry on stage, and taking that away it does hurt the performance. That said, it was still a fun show. No Believe, but we got They Stood Up for Love, Waittress, and Iris. I'll post the full setlist when I get home.
lovedivine
WAITRESS!
I love that song!
Did u go 4 candlebox too! Heard pat came out & watched some of their set.
SJN1279
QUOTE(lovedivine @ Jun 20 2009, 7:54 pm) *

WAITRESS!
I love that song!
Did u go 4 candlebox too! Heard pat came out & watched some of their set.

I saw half of Candlebox's set and thought they were the best band that ever opened for Live. Especially liked their closing song "Missed You."
SJN1279
Setlist
They Stood up for Love
All over you
Selling the Drama
Forever
Gas Head
I Alone
The Distance
Turn My Head
Hold Me Yo
Dolphins Cry
Lakinis
Iris
Heaven

Encore:
Sophia
WAitrees
Lightning Crashes (Ed shirt removed)
WhiteDiscussion
Good_Pain
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Jun 20 2009, 10:36 pm) *

Setlist
They Stood up for Love
All over you
Selling the Drama
Forever
Gas Head
I Alone
The Distance
Turn My Head
Hold Me Yo
Dolphins Cry
Lakinis
Iris
Heaven

Encore:
Sophia
WAitrees
Lightning Crashes (Ed shirt removed)
WhiteDiscussion

Hold Me Yo

...I know it is Hold Me Up..too funny though all I could think of was Rocky Balboa
Existentialist
It's not a typo, it's one of Ed's new solo tracks.
SJN1279
QUOTE(Existentialist @ Jun 20 2009, 11:34 pm) *

laugh.gif
PurdueSteve
QUOTE(Existentialist @ Jun 20 2009, 11:34 pm) *

That's the funniest thing you've ever said.

lol.gif
Kymra
I really enjoyed Friday's show. I do agree with Nick that they didn't seem as 'locked in' to each other as they normally do, but the music was still good. Ed had some issues with his voice that he would start out low then go up to the high parts but other than that I thought the performance was pretty solid.

I went mostly because I knew they had busted out Gas Hed and Hold Me Up. I was NOT disappointed. Hearing Gad Hed played live for the first time in probably 12 years was pretty sweet. Iris was also a nice treat - I taksed my cousin Eric , who got ME into the boys many many years back , if he knew that it was about Ed getting a bj and he had no idea! and he calls himself a fan !!

On a purely silly/girly front - THE CHEST HAIR IS BACK!!!

kicking.gif tongue2.gif banana.gif cool.gif eyebrow.gif strawberry.gif rockin.gif yay.gif
You can't imagine the joy that was permeating from me at the moment i saw him walking back from behind the risers and saw the shadow of something on his chest I almost started to bawl like a baby! tongue.gif

the end was kind of weird, no bow that I can remember and Taylor just sort of played with feedback on his guitar by his amp (it was the end of W, D) and they busted into some Led Zep for a few licks?!

Overall - very impressed with the setlist they are playing now thumbsup.gif
SJN1279
QUOTE(Kymra @ Jun 22 2009, 9:20 am) *

I really enjoyed Friday's show. I do agree with Nick that they didn't seem as 'locked in' to each other as they normally do, but the music was still good. Ed had some issues with his voice that he would start out low then go up to the high parts but other than that I thought the performance was pretty solid.

I went mostly because I knew they had busted out Gas Hed and Hold Me Up. I was NOT disappointed. Hearing Gad Hed played live for the first time in probably 12 years was pretty sweet. Iris was also a nice treat - I taksed my cousin Eric , who got ME into the boys many many years back , if he knew that it was about Ed getting a bj and he had no idea! and he calls himself a fan !!

On a purely silly/girly front - THE CHEST HAIR IS BACK!!!

kicking.gif tongue2.gif banana.gif cool.gif eyebrow.gif strawberry.gif rockin.gif yay.gif
You can't imagine the joy that was permeating from me at the moment i saw him walking back from behind the risers and saw the shadow of something on his chest I almost started to bawl like a baby! tongue.gif

the end was kind of weird, no bow that I can remember and Taylor just sort of played with feedback on his guitar by his amp (it was the end of W, D) and they busted into some Led Zep for a few licks?!

Overall - very impressed with the setlist they are playing now thumbsup.gif

Some notes:

I also thought Gas Hed was especially good in NH. The chorus was really rocking.

IMHO, Hold Me Up is just okay in concert. I always find it very hard to hear Ed in the chorus. The levels always sound off to me.

I miss I Walk the Line. I think the crowd in NH would have eaten the song up.

Parts of the show I felt that Chad was trying to get Ed's attention(particuarly during Heaven), but Ed refused to make eye contact.

As Kyrma said, the music sounded great! Even Candlebox was good! I had a real fun time. I'm just hoping the guys are back to normal in Cleveland.
rburgundy
Long time reader / Live fan here... first time poster. Went to the Show Friday, had a GREAT time. I thought they sounded much better than at the house of blues earlier this year (but maybe that's just because my seats were in the third row compared to standing behind everyone at the HOBs!) Candlebox Ruled too, tempted to go see them tonight in Boston.

The reason I'm posting... well when my girlfriend and I got back to our hotel room. Who did we run into checking into a room... Ed himself!!! And I have to say this guy is a REALLY great guy!! I asked him for a picture and he said sure! but then, I remembered I had left my camera in my hotel room (didn't get any pics of the show because of this!) no problem.. Ed just said "go grab it and knock on my door when you get back" Got an awesome pic with him! He asked us if we liked the show and I said "it was GREAT, besides not playing sh%t towne" haha, I couldn't resist saying that! Really nice guy though, and it's nice to know the singer of my favorite band isn't a jerk!
SJN1279
QUOTE(rburgundy @ Jun 22 2009, 1:15 pm) *

Long time reader / Live fan here... first time poster. Went to the Show Friday, had a GREAT time. I thought they sounded much better than at the house of blues earlier this year (but maybe that's just because my seats were in the third row compared to standing behind everyone at the HOBs!) Candlebox Ruled too, tempted to go see them tonight in Boston.

The reason I'm posting... well when my girlfriend and I got back to our hotel room. Who did we run into checking into a room... Ed himself!!! And I have to say this guy is a REALLY great guy!! I asked him for a picture and he said sure! but then, I remembered I had left my camera in my hotel room (didn't get any pics of the show because of this!) no problem.. Ed just said "go grab it and knock on my door when you get back" Got an awesome pic with him! He asked us if we liked the show and I said "it was GREAT, besides not playing sh%t towne" haha, I couldn't resist saying that! Really nice guy though, and it's nice to know the singer of my favorite band isn't a jerk!

I'm glad your experience with Ed was so positive. That's awesome! I personally think a Live/Candlebox US tour would rule. Hopefully down the line it happens.
Kymra
QUOTE(rburgundy @ Jun 22 2009, 1:15 pm) *

Nice man! That's awesome. Where did you stay? I am curious since it was bike week what even had room!!
rburgundy
QUOTE(Kymra @ Jun 22 2009, 1:42 pm) *

Nice man! That's awesome. Where did you stay? I am curious since it was bike week what even had room!!

Stayed at the Towne House Suites (Marriott Property) It's brannnd new in Gilford (opened May 28th I believe), which is why I think it wasn't sold out, no one knew about it! I was even able to book it using Marriott Points! 5 miles away from the venue, pretty good commute.

Another thing is Ed must not have stayed back stage long, as we hung out to watch the side stage like 10 minutes then were at the hotel mayyybe 10 minutes before we saw him.
Pokey
QUOTE(rburgundy @ Jun 22 2009, 7:17 pm) *

Another thing is Ed must not have stayed back stage long, as we hung out to watch the side stage like 10 minutes then were at the hotel mayyybe 10 minutes before we saw him.

Ed doesn't hang out backstage anymore because he hates his band mates, last time they hung out backstage they got into a brawl over who's socks were who's. They were labled E.K and Ed maintained they were his, but Taylor said that it stood for Egotisical Kunt, no wonder Live is splitting up! .... hey if everyone else is going to come up with their own crack pot reasons about Live splitting up why can't I?
Joe
Ed seemed irritated at the meet and greet. He tried to hide it though, so I don't think it was the fans. CT was in a great mood though, and said in a side conversation that it was an awesome show. He might gave been lit, evidenced by the solo finale with him knocking over a full stand of drinks whilst dry-humping the rack. We found Adam out by the public bathrooms and he was incredibly nice to us.
SecretInsomnia
QUOTE(rburgundy @ Jun 22 2009, 12:15 pm) *

wow, that's very nice of Ed. Glad you had a great time!
crazy1
QUOTE(Joe @ Jun 22 2009, 6:50 pm) *

Ed seemed irritated at the meet and greet. He tried to hide it though, so I don't think it was the fans. CT was in a great mood though, and said in a side conversation that it was an awesome show. He might gave been lit, evidenced by the solo finale with him knocking over a full stand of drinks whilst dry-humping the rack. We found Adam out by the public bathrooms and he was incredibly nice to us.

Maybe he couldn't find a place that made good espresso. lol.gif
Live4Life
Sorry to bump this but i read it and couldn't help but think that this was when they prob asked kevin to form a new band with them. Was it around the same time? This is when live split right? How ironic that they toured together and then blam, new band. hmmmmm
SecretInsomnia
QUOTE(Live4Life @ Oct 4 2010, 11:01 am) *

Sorry to bump this but i read it and couldn't help but think that this was when they prob asked kevin to form a new band with them. Was it around the same time? This is when live split right? How ironic that they toured together and then blam, new band. hmmmmm

Bumping up an old thread for a reason is never a bad thing wink.gif.
Do you mean this was the time/show they asked Kevin because they toured with Candlebox? Because literally, that would be impossible. Kevin said Chad T called him one time, although I dont know when that was.

But still:
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Jun 22 2009, 9:47 am) *

Parts of the show I felt that Chad was trying to get Ed's attention(particuarly during Heaven), but Ed refused to make eye contact.

hmm... I think they defenately got some huge struggles since the Pinkpop-incident, that caused the lack of interaction on stage. Ah well, I guess we'll find out when Chad finishes his book.
OutToDry
he's having too much fun to finish this book, more chapters to be written thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.