Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New York, NY (Ed Solo)
Fans of Live forum > Live / Ed Kowalczyk / The Gracious Few > Live - Tour dates & reviews
crazy1
Ed will be performing an intimate, acoustic show at the City Winery in New York, NY on Tuesday, March 24th. 101.9 WRXP in New York will be running contests for fans to win tickets to this exclusive event, but a very small number of tickets will also be available to the public. Tickets for this event go on sale today! Visit www.citywinery.com and www.1019rxp.com for all the details on how to score your tickets to this event
SJN1279
QUOTE(crazy1 @ Mar 5 2009, 3:31 pm) *

Ed will be performing an intimate, acoustic show at the City Winery in New York, NY on Tuesday, March 24th. 101.9 WRXP in New York will be running contests for fans to win tickets to this exclusive event, but a very small number of tickets will also be available to the public. Tickets for this event go on sale today! Visit www.citywinery.com and www.1019rxp.com for all the details on how to score your tickets to this event

Tickets should be on sale in 2 days.
crazy1
I was just looking at the website and it says he will be there on 4/24 not 3/24. shrug.gif

http://www.citywinery.com/eddie-kowalczyk
SJN1279
QUOTE(crazy1 @ Mar 5 2009, 9:52 pm) *

I was just looking at the website and it says he will be there on 4/24 not 3/24. shrug.gif

That works better for me, maybe we'll get a weekend of Ed solo shows?! smile.gif
SJN1279
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Mar 5 2009, 10:30 pm) *

That works better for me, maybe we'll get a weekend of Ed solo shows?! smile.gif

Jimmy just said its March 24th.
crazy1
Yeah, I saw that. lol.gif I wish it were on a Friday but I might go anyway.
crazy1
Tickets are on sale now! bounce.gif

SJN1279
QUOTE(crazy1 @ Mar 6 2009, 11:27 am) *

Cool i just bought a table near the stage! smile.gif
crazy1
So did I!!! Hopefully my friend can go! They don't mail you physical tickets. They put your name on a list and you have to bring ID.
SJN1279
There are roughly 20 seats left for this performance. If you want to attend this rare, solo east coast show, I'd suggest getting your tickets ASAP.

debdixon
I just got my ticket. Does anyone know how long a solo show from Ed lasts?
SJN1279
QUOTE(debdixon @ Mar 13 2009, 9:36 pm) *

I just got my ticket. Does anyone know how long a solo show from Ed lasts?

45 min to a hour? I know there is an opening act.
crazy1
It it approx. 2 hours with a break in between. I emailed the manager.
SJN1279
QUOTE(crazy1 @ Mar 14 2009, 7:21 pm) *

It it approx. 2 hours with a break in between. I emailed the manager.

You rock!
SJN1279
Under 10 seats left for this show.....

crazy1
2 seats left!!!!

debdixon
Crazy I guess that includes the opening act.
crazy1
QUOTE(debdixon @ Mar 18 2009, 1:48 am) *

Crazy I guess that includes the opening act.

Yes it does, i emailed the winery and this is what they said:

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for purchasing tickets to the upcoming Ed Kowalczyk show at City Winery. Regarding your questions; The opening act will start at approximately 9pm (we always shoot to start on time) and will go for about 35 min. with a 15 min intermission.
Ed should start his set around 9:55pm.
Hope this answers all your questions.
Looking forward to a great show.
Best,
shlomo

SJN1279
Still 2 seats left, someone needs to buy them!

SJN1279
Finally SOLD OUT!

However, I wrote the venue and they said:

I encourage you to come by an hour before the show if you are interested as we often sell standing room tickets at the last minute.

Sounds like Starland has come to NYC!
SJN1279
The show was amazing and very different from a full band show. Ed was in a good mood and the crowd was very receptive to his music. He played for a hour to a packed house.

Setlist:

I Alone
The Distance
Sofia
Wings
Forever
Selling the Drama
Turn My Head
The Dolphin's Cry
Heaven
Lightning Crashes

Encore
Answer is Blowing in the Wind(Bob Dylan Cover)
Overcome
Dance With You

If you ever get the chance to see Ed solo, take it.
Lebanon Corvalis
did anyone record the show?

LB happy.gif
Liveman94
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Mar 25 2009, 1:57 pm) *

The show was amazing and very different from a full band show. Ed was in a good mood and the crowd was very receptive to his music. He played for a hour to a packed house.

Setlist:

I Alone
The Distance
Sofia
Wings
Forever
Selling the Drama
Turn My Head
The Dolphin's Cry
Heaven
Lightning Crashes

Encore
Overcome
Dance With You

I would so love to see blowin' in the wind it is one of my favourite songs - that is incredible!!!

A recording would be great even if it was bad quality...
icewaterike
QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Mar 24 2009, 11:57 pm) *

Setlist:

I Alone
The Distance
Sofia
Wings
Forever
Selling the Drama
Turn My Head
The Dolphin's Cry
Heaven
Lightning Crashes

Encore
Overcome
Dance With You

Cool! Thanks for the update... I would have loved to see that Bob Dylan cover.

Did Ed do Overcome with guitar accompaniment or that karaoke track he sings to in whole band shows?
SJN1279
QUOTE(icewaterike @ Mar 25 2009, 9:49 am) *

Cool! Thanks for the update... I would have loved to see that Bob Dylan cover.

Did Ed do Overcome with guitar accompaniment or that karaoke track he sings to in whole band shows?

All songs were just guitar, no background stuff at all.
Modern Day Warrior
QUOTE(Lebanon Corvalis @ Mar 25 2009, 12:56 am) *

did anyone record the show?
LB happy.gif

I actually did. I brought in my DAT recorder and taped it. I should have even brought my camcorder and video taped it. No one there would have even cared to be honest. THe recording did come out nice though.
PurdueSteve
QUOTE(Modern Day Warrior @ Mar 25 2009, 4:15 pm) *

I actually did. I brought in my DAT recorder and taped it. I should have even brought my camcorder and video taped it. No one there would have even cared to be honest. THe recording did come out nice though.

Up that shit!!
Colleen
what an amazing show last night! I took some video (before my camera died) but it's wobbly and obstructed at times. Someone has already put some stuff up on youtube so i'm in a little less of a hurry to put up my pathetic attempt at taping some songs. I've seen the band over 20 times and this solo show is def. up in my top three shows - I didn't want it to end!!!
SecretInsomnia
QUOTE(Colleen @ Mar 25 2009, 3:49 pm) *

what an amazing show last night! I took some video (before my camera died) but it's wobbly and obstructed at times. Someone has already put some stuff up on youtube so i'm in a little less of a hurry to put up my pathetic attempt at taping some songs. I've seen the band over 20 times and this solo show is def. up in my top three shows - I didn't want it to end!!!

as far as I read the reviews since nov/dec 2008, when Ed did his first solo show, everyone who went to see him seems to react very anthousiastically on Ed's solo shows.

Great you hear y' all had a good time!
Lebanon Corvalis
QUOTE(Modern Day Warrior @ Mar 25 2009, 3:15 pm) *

You are the man! hopefully we all will get a chance to listen to it!

LB
rockin.gif

icewaterike
QUOTE(Modern Day Warrior @ Mar 25 2009, 4:15 pm) *

A DAT recording would be amazing. Thanks for up'ing it if you can!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.