Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chad Taylor Facebook post about comment re: Shinn
AManHasNoName
post Feb 1 2017, 4:22 pm
Post #1

FansOfLive Freshman

AManHasNoName is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

The entire experience of singing and playing the old songs was confusing for all of us (band and fans). Chris no more wanted to stand in Ed’s shoes, than Ed would have wanted to stand in his. When we began writing songs there were no constraints or pressures but as the demos started being created, Chris was suddenly faced with inside and outside pressure to make it a LIVE album. This was easy for PD, CG and me but even Jerry Harrison warned that the walls would/could close in on Chris. We broke this up by doing the Summerland Tour to get in touch with what it felt like to be a band in front of an audience. On this particular night, we were performing in a large amphitheater, the largest of the entire tour. The band were hitting our marks and finding our footing as a quartet, and the energy of the crowd was peaking just about the time we hit Lightning Crashes. These are the special moments where the audience and band merge; and hopefully where the spirit of a songs origination can return; where the crowd sings so loud we can melt into one. As I looked to my left to find my grounding, I saw Chris with his microphone extended to the crowd and my brain was shell shocked, “who is that? What’s happening?”

This a real and honest snapshot of what goes on during a performance for me, and what I experienced during many of the shows I performed with Chris. It doesn’t mean that he’s not a good person, or a great performer, and that I’m not grateful for his partnership. My thoughts are not all pretty and cleaned up, if anything its one big mess. For thirty-years of my life that figure on our stage was Ed, and from the view of my lens it was so surreal and odd to witness someone else in this position.

I doubt any interview would allow for that entire story or sentiment, but I was asked a direct question and shared a small piece of my experience, raw, unfiltered and incomplete. My comment certainly wasn’t meant to detract from the spirit of our collaboration, but I remain wholly happy that Ed is back in his rightful place, and that Chris no longer has to deal with the distractions of being the “replacement guy.” I’m sure I/we fucked this up along the way but there was no easy way to get to where we are today and really that’s all I care about. Yes, egos were bruised, but the music should only benefit from our journey. Chris will find his footing, and the original line-up of the band will produce some inspired tunes and shows. In spirit - CT

This post has been edited by AManHasNoName: Feb 1 2017, 4:25 pm

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
san_sao
post Feb 1 2017, 7:14 pm
Post #2

FansOfLive Junior

san_sao is off the scale  ()

Idk, I can relate to this on a few levels - professional and personal. I'm obviously not in a band or anything, but I understand group dynamics and feeling displaced after major changes. I'm stuck like 2000 miles away from some of my best friends, and there are days where I feel like I should walk all the way from Michigan to Arizona just to get back to what's right. I look at pictures of myself drinking with current colleagues and do often wonder who these people are and what they really mean to me. If that's where Chad is with Ed and Chris, then I totally get his point of view.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mfitz804
post Feb 1 2017, 8:35 pm
Post #3

Ghost

Group Icon

mfitz804 is off the scale  ()

Anyone who has a problem with what CT said is probably just an Ed hater/Chris lover. It makes complete sense, and after all of those years, it had to be completely weird to have someone else in Ed's place.

The fact that it happened or that he posted isn't a shot at Chris, not in the least.

This post has been edited by mfitz804: Feb 1 2017, 8:36 pm

+Quote Post
Fool_By_The_River
post Feb 1 2017, 9:02 pm
Post #4

FansOfLive Junior

Fool_By_The_River will become famous soon enough  ()

QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Feb 1 2017, 8:35 pm) *

Anyone who has a problem with what CT said is probably just an Ed hater/Chris lover. It makes complete sense, and after all of those years, it had to be completely weird to have someone else in Ed's place.

The fact that it happened or that he posted isn't a shot at Chris, not in the least.

Your right, it's not a shot at Chris, anyone can see that.

+Quote Post
World Dreamer
post Feb 1 2017, 9:58 pm
Post #5

Lakini

Group Icon

World Dreamer is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Feb 1 2017, 9:35 pm) *

They CHOSE Shinn. Rehearsed with Shinn. Made an album with Shinn. They did all this because they fucking hated Ed.

But suddenly "Oh, wow, so weird not having Ed here."

It is a money grab and it is CT being a complete wishy-washy pushover bitch.

And all his sheep like OTD/zmanpga are even more pathetic.

OTD spent the last 5-6 years crushing Ed and telling us DAILY he was going to punch Nick (SJN) in the face if he ever saw him.

But CT switches gears and his lapdogs follow. Fucking pathetic.

+Quote Post
mfitz804
post Feb 1 2017, 10:02 pm
Post #6

Ghost

Group Icon

mfitz804 is off the scale  ()

You've obviously never been in a band or any other kind of relationship for any significant period of time and then had it end.

+Quote Post
World Dreamer
post Feb 1 2017, 10:19 pm
Post #7

Lakini

Group Icon

World Dreamer is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Feb 1 2017, 11:02 pm) *

You've obviously never been in a band or any other kind of relationship for any significant period of time and then had it end.

Wrong.

But keep speculating. It is funny.

+Quote Post
Bremang
post Feb 2 2017, 9:30 pm
Post #8

Lakini

Group Icon

Bremang is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(mfitz804 @ Feb 1 2017, 9:35 pm) *

I imagine that Ed lovers/Chris haters truly enjoy that Chad admits that the whole Turn era was "fucked up." There's tons of these people on Ed's FB. They seem to also think who the fuck was that guy, bring Ed back. So I think it could easily be interpreted as a shot a Chris and a way to fuel the fire for the Ed lovers.

This post has been edited by Bremang: Feb 2 2017, 9:36 pm

+Quote Post
Tips
post Feb 4 2017, 8:23 am
Post #9

FansOfLive Sophomore

Tips is off the scale  ()

I started the "The last 4 years were just a dream!" thread. With that insight I kind of get why The Turn was removed from the band's history. The way I understand this is that they were trying hard to make it (record and live performances) become Live but it never felt like it to them. It's a shame because those songs are great and shouldn't be wiped and forgotten. But I get it now.

Aaaaaaannnnd closure.

+Quote Post
Unsheathed
post Feb 6 2017, 3:26 pm
Post #10

FansOfLive Sophomore

Unsheathed is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Tips @ Feb 4 2017, 8:23 am) *

I started the "The last 4 years were just a dream!" thread. With that insight I kind of get why The Turn was removed from the band's history. The way I understand this is that they were trying hard to make it (record and live performances) become Live but it never felt like it to them. It's a shame because those songs are great and shouldn't be wiped and forgotten. But I get it now.

Aaaaaaannnnd closure.

Thanks to the internet, they will never be able to remove The Turn from their history. Any inquiring fan can access every released or leaked song from their catalog if they wish.

+Quote Post
Tips
post Feb 10 2017, 10:26 am
Post #11

FansOfLive Sophomore

Tips is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Unsheathed @ Feb 6 2017, 3:26 pm) *

Thanks to the internet, they will never be able to remove The Turn from their history. Any inquiring fan can access every released or leaked song from their catalog if they wish.

And that's a bloody good thing because The Turn is a great record. I wish Chris is going to have the right to keep selling it.

+Quote Post
Pingfah
post Feb 10 2017, 11:19 am
Post #12

FansOfLive Freshman

Pingfah is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Tips @ Feb 10 2017, 3:26 pm) *

And that's a bloody good thing because The Turn is a great record. I wish Chris is going to have the right to keep selling it.

I'm not sure how they could stop it being sold. Doubtful it's going to get repressed, but there's plenty of stock out there.

+Quote Post
Ecstatic Fanatic
post Feb 10 2017, 11:56 am
Post #13

FansOfLive Freshman

Ecstatic Fanatic is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Pingfah @ Feb 10 2017, 11:19 am) *

I'm not sure how they could stop it being sold. Doubtful it's going to get repressed, but there's plenty of stock out there.

Was there alot of stock? I remember trying to buy a physical copy of the CD when it first came out, but noone carried it. Admittedly there aren't many CD stores left, but I ended up just buying a digital copy. I got the impression that if there were actual CDs then there must have been a limited number.

+Quote Post
san_sao
post Feb 10 2017, 12:26 pm
Post #14

FansOfLive Junior

san_sao is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Ecstatic Fanatic @ Feb 10 2017, 11:56 am) *

Was there alot of stock? I remember trying to buy a physical copy of the CD when it first came out, but noone carried it. Admittedly there aren't many CD stores left, but I ended up just buying a digital copy. I got the impression that if there were actual CDs then there must have been a limited number.

They probably just had horrible distribution. You can still get them on Amazon, I think. That's where I got mine.

This post has been edited by san_sao: Feb 10 2017, 12:26 pm

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Holy Slime
post Feb 10 2017, 3:51 pm
Post #15

FansOfLive Sophomore

Holy Slime is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(san_sao @ Feb 10 2017, 12:26 pm) *

They probably just had horrible distribution. You can still get them on Amazon, I think. That's where I got mine.

Well, Think Loud is a small independent label so they probably didn't print nearly as many copies as they did with Radioactive and Epic.

But Amazon does say there's more on order, so they're presumably still getting distributed somehow even if Live isn't selling it on their website.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 users are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: September 23rd, 2018 - 12:07 pm