> Live to perform Mystery on American Idol
NectarDan
post May 20 2006, 6:09 pm
Post #1

Fireman Dan

Group Icon

NectarDan is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

Live will be performing their new US single, "Mystery", on the American Idol season finale on Wednesday (May 24th). This episode will air live from the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California at 8 pm ET on the FOX network. More details will be released along with the official announcement sometime in the next couple of days.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mfitz804
post May 20 2006, 6:19 pm
Post #2

Ghost

Group Icon

mfitz804 is off the scale  ()

Nothing makes less sense than releasing and promting a second single when you STILL cannot buy the CD. I can already picture Seacrest telling us all that Live's new album will be in stores "someday in the near future".

+Quote Post
Pokey
post May 20 2006, 6:34 pm
Post #3

Lakini

Group Icon

Pokey is off the scale  ()

Does that guy Simon Cowel or whatever it was still work on the show? He should give Ed a blast if he fucks up like he did on VH1.

That being said though, would you say this is Live's biggest TV performance in well .. pretty much ever.
If things take off for them after this they should thank that young man who pretty much brought them back into the spotlight .. even if it will only be for about 15mins.
I got kinda mixed feelings cos I don't want to have to hear 14yr old girls sign up her going on about "da kewlst nu band called live on amercin eyedol" but at the same time it's kinda cool seeing Live out there again ... good luck to them anyways.

This post has been edited by Pokey: May 20 2006, 6:35 pm

+Quote Post
tswart1
post May 20 2006, 6:38 pm
Post #4

Gas Hed

Group Icon

tswart1 is off the scale  ()

If Ed doesnt hit his notes Simon will rip him a new a-hole.

+Quote Post
mfitz804
post May 20 2006, 6:41 pm
Post #5

Ghost

Group Icon

I seriously doubt the judges would comment on Live's performance, but if they did, I guarantee the ripping of the a-hole would occur as you have predicted.

+Quote Post
beau99
post May 20 2006, 6:47 pm
Post #6

Gas Hed

Group Icon

beau99 is off the scale  ()

Jesus Effing Christ...

So they're releasing a SECOND single before we can even buy the damned disc?

This is fucked.

+Quote Post
jaybb
post May 20 2006, 6:58 pm
Post #7

FansOfLive Senior

jaybb is off the scale  ()

The idea here is that the single will take off after the performance, thus causing more buzz and hype about the CD and driving sales way up when it comes out. While this might not make a whole lot of sense, or you say the dates could be better, this is by FAR the biggest performance LIVE has EVER done. While Leno, Letterman, SNL and Pinkpop are all cool, American Idol is watched by over 20 MILLION people world wide. In terms of ratings, it is far and above every show on TV by leaps and bounds.

Also, from what I'm told, the show will be broadcast live (it is actually shot at 5pm California time, thus 8pm on the east coast) and right after the show they'll be booking it over to the Henry Ford theatre for their LA show.

This post has been edited by jaybb: May 20 2006, 7:02 pm

+Quote Post
mfitz804
post May 20 2006, 7:09 pm
Post #8

Ghost

Group Icon

It does make sense to book them on American Idol, even if the album release is a week or two away, because it means a lot of publicity. However. is it really going to be released early June? Perhaps this booking is actually the best indication that we have seen that the album will actually be released as currently scheduled. Sony would look like a bunch of douchebags if they have Live on the highest rated music show on television and then fail to release the album timely.

In actuality, if they do AI this week and the album comes out as scheduled, Sony will have been able to broadcast the fact that the album is being released to 20 million people, mostly teenage girls who make up more than 50% of record sales.

So, even though we have criticized Sony in the past for dropping the ball as far as releasing the album, releasing it AFTER promoting it on a show like AI is marketing genius. Nicely done, Sony.

+Quote Post
sandkind
post May 20 2006, 7:16 pm
Post #9

Ghost

Group Icon

sandkind is off the scale  ()

wow...the way they have been playing i have no worries that anyone would slam their performance. besides, they would not do that even if they wanted to.

+Quote Post
Lively Chick
post May 20 2006, 7:42 pm
Post #10

Rattlesnake

Group Icon

Lively Chick is off the scale  ()

This must have been the deal they worked out with idol after the I walk the line incident. C'mon now, they must have. Live is my fav band but not the hottest act right now. To get more ratings I'm sure Fox would have preffered to get the hottest act in music right now instead of Live. So I think a deal was worked out from back then. That's why Ed and the guys were so cool about it because this deal made with AI. That's what i think. See, I know its a cover but somebody arranged it and somebody produced the new version, they were not given recognition so a deal was made.

+Quote Post
mfitz804
post May 20 2006, 7:54 pm
Post #11

Ghost

Group Icon

QUOTE(Lively Chick @ May 20 2006, 8:42 pm) *

This must have been the deal they worked out with idol after the I walk the line incident. C'mon now, they must have. Live is my fav band but not the hottest act right now. To get more ratings I'm sure Fox would have preffered to get the hottest act in music right now instead of Live. So I think a deal was worked out from back then. That's why Ed and the guys were so cool about it because this deal made with AI. That's what i think. See, I know its a cover but somebody arranged it and somebody produced the new version, they were not given recognition so a deal was made.

I really doubt that it has anything to do with I Walk The Line, and I think that the whole "controversy" was way overhyped and the only people who cared are the people on this board and others like it. Do you really think that a powerhouse show like AI cares if a contestant didn't give the proper credit to Live (and, of course, since none of us know anything about what may have been said and edited out, we can't really say whether this is even the case). So much so that they would "allow" Live to perform to millions upon millions of people to make it up to them? I seriously doubt it.

Also, I don't think that Fox is even worried aboutthe ratings that AI's finale is going to get, I mean 50 million votes were placed last week, they are going to have superbowl type numbers. They aren't looking to draw in more of an audience by booking Live or any other band. If they were, they would have told us all about it at the end of the last show. AI hardly needs ratings help.

I would agree, however, that Live seems an unlikely candidate for the show. But they are a good fit, and I imagine that getting them booked on the show is a testament to what having a major label like Sony behind you can do. Though i would have thought that an RCA or J Records artist would have been the logical choice, given their obvious ties to AI. I am sure that Sony has some pull with them though.

This post has been edited by mfitz804: May 20 2006, 7:56 pm

+Quote Post
Soxwsc
post May 20 2006, 7:56 pm
Post #12

FansOfLive Senior

Soxwsc is off the scale  ()

Is the full band performing with Chris, or will it just be Ed and Chris? Don't know why they're singing Mystery, it's the worst song on the cd. Why not "Where Do We Go From Here" or "Night of Nights"??? "Mystery" makes absolutely no sense. 50 million people are gonna decide at once that they're NOT gonna buy the album when it comes out.

+Quote Post
mfitz804
post May 20 2006, 7:58 pm
Post #13

Ghost

Group Icon

Well, if the new single is Mystery, they play Mystery. Why that was selected as the next single is beyond me. Though I think it is a more marketable radio single than the two that you mentioned.

+Quote Post
mfitz804
post May 20 2006, 8:04 pm
Post #14

Ghost

Group Icon

Or, think of it this way. You are targeting the American Idol viewership. You should play the song that sounds most like something that would be sung on the show. Night of Nights and Where Do We Go From Here do not fit that mold; Mystery comes closer.

+Quote Post
Lively Chick
post May 20 2006, 8:30 pm
Post #15

Rattlesnake

Group Icon

Lively Chick is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(mfitz804 @ May 20 2006, 8:54 pm) *

I really doubt that it has anything to do with I Walk The Line, and I think that the whole "controversy" was way overhyped and the only people who cared are the people on this board and others like it. Do you really think that a powerhouse show like AI cares if a contestant didn't give the proper credit to Live (and, of course, since none of us know anything about what may have been said and edited out, we can't really say whether this is even the case). So much so that they would "allow" Live to perform to millions upon millions of people to make it up to them? I seriously doubt it.

Well I think you are wrong.

1. See we do know what was said. He did not give them credit, as I posted in another thread. It was NOT EDITED OUT. That's why the following week Seacrest sat down with Chris before he sang and asked if the version he song was not his and really Live's arrangement which he admitted and acknowledge that Live was his fav band.

2. You still did not give a sufficient reason why they would book Live other than because of the controversy.

This post has been edited by Lively Chick: May 20 2006, 8:31 pm

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 users are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: August 20th, 2017 - 6:31 am