+Quote Post
Hoodstock
post Aug 22 2018, 1:20 pm
Post #2

The Voice of Reason

Group Icon

Hoodstock is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

FYI - DTE Energy Music Theater has posted this on the show's Facebook page.

TRAFFIC ALERT: Due to concrete removal and replacement on Waldon Road at Sashabaw Road in Independence Township, guests attending this event are encouraged to arrive early and to expect altered routes and delays due to the road project.

Learn more here: 313pres.co/2wgH4Dn

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hoodstock
post Sep 2 2018, 10:44 pm
Post #3

The Voice of Reason

Group Icon

Tonight's Set List:

1. All Over You
2. Love Lounge
3. Pain Lies on the Riverside
4. The Dolphin's Cry
5. Selling the Drama
6.Baby What You Want Me to Do (Jimmy Reed cover)
7. The Distance
8. I Alone
9. Lakini's Juice
10. White, Discussion
--Encore--
11. Heaven (Ed solo acoustic)
12. Turn My Head (solo acoustic)
13. Lightning Crashes

I'll do a review later.

This post has been edited by Hoodstock: Sep 2 2018, 10:51 pm

+Quote Post
Hoodstock
post Sep 3 2018, 8:15 pm
Post #4

The Voice of Reason

Group Icon

I have to give it to Live, this was a good show. They were loud, they sounded good, and they were entertaining. Live can still bring it. Yesterday was better than any shows for BOP era and after that I saw. Its not TC or SS era but it is a real return to good form. They are a great band in concert. My only complaint with the show is the short setlist. Would have loved to hear more songs but they play what they can with their time slot. It was well placed. The short set is part of the deal with CC for this tour.

The venue was not sold out but it was a large crowd and it was pretty full. The crowd seemed to be enjoying it and it filled pretty good a few songs in.

IMO Loy is a good addition to the band. He adds a soloist element that they've never really had. Also didn't mind the second drummer. He played different beats than Chad at times which added a nice layer.

It was my kids first concert and they wanted to stick around for the headlining act, so we did. Big shout out to Boom Forest - we ran into them while walking around after Live. Told them about the first show for my kids and they couldn't have been nicer.

I've seen CC before and they were better, but better is still not good.Adam talks between songs, during songs, and talks his songs instead of singing half the time. Plus, most of all, their songs are soft and put you to sleep.

There were people there for both bands but I think most were there because they were familiar with the bands and thought the two together would be a good show and a fun night out. There were a handful of people who left right when Live finished. I also noticed people started walking out about 4 songs into the Crows set and continued to do so while we stayed.

My one kid wanted to hear Mr. Jones because my wife told her about the song so we waited for it. I thought it would be their closer but shockingly it wasn't. As soon as they finished it there was a very noticible exodus to the exits, including us. Not everybody was leaving, but it was apparent an unusually large portion of the crowd was done.

On the way out we swung by a bathroom before we hit the road. When I walked in there was a lot of swearing and yelling going on so I thought something was going down. It was actually a pretty large group of guys at the urinals cussing out CC, saying how bad they sucked, saying how Adam should shut the fuck up and do songs, and a lot of pretty nasty stuff about the band I'm not going to repeat. Was pretty much that Live was really good but overwhelmingly that CC was horrible. I felt bad for anyone in the bathroom who was there to see CC but was happy about the positivity consensus towards Live. Was like the wives weren't around so it was time to get real about the show.

The one thing I didn't really realize about this tour was that Live is so much better than the headliner on this tour that they leave a very positive impression on people because of the discrepancy.

Bottom line is that Live was great, made the most of their time, and I hope they come back around next year touring with someone else.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 users are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: September 25th, 2018 - 10:58 am