> Self Titled Debut Album, by the gracious few
Wambangalang
post Jan 19 2012, 3:21 am
Post #1

i dont knlw where i am in the forum

Group Icon

Wambangalang is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

just got my hard drive back from the insurance company after a freak lightning storm fried my computer and listened to the album for the first time in a long time (i donated my original cd to a friend in the spirit of rock n roll) and man im so blown away. what a great fucking achievement. this album already feels like its been around for 20 years, like a freaky mix of nostalgia and awesomeness somehow found its way into the DNA of the cd while i was away, and in a strange way i sense it would be fitting for this to be their first and only album. i know that sounds horrible because i want more from this group, but it would somehow enhance the mystique of the band and elevate the material to a mythical pedestal. Imagine 30 years from now little junior is scrounging through his granddads cd collection (mp3 collection?) and finds a tattered faded album cover for the gracious few, with clashing bullhorns adorning the rear artwork and no other information to inform him of who these people are/were and no pop culture knowledge of where they were or what became of them afterwards. This cd would become an enigma and a treasure which i think it deserves, and maybe thats what was meant from this collaboration.... the kid from the neverending story discovering the book in the old mans library for the first time comes to mind, yeh its THAT good. Im slightly intoxicated.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PaulZAR
post Jan 9 2018, 5:24 am
Post #2

FansOfLive Newbie

PaulZAR is on a distinguished road  ()

I just started listening to this album again this week. When it originally came out I was still comparing it to Live and Ed solo. But you know what, they can all be good. This Gracious Few album is getting better with every listen. Originally I was really into "Nothing but Love" and had it on mega rotation (when the album was released). But now, listening to it again, every song is a revelation. What an awesome band. So glad it popped up into my player again.

Just wanted to share.

+Quote Post
Srx17
post Feb 23 2018, 6:58 pm
Post #3

FansOfLive Freshman

Srx17 is on a distinguished road  ()

I'm nothing but grateful for the existence of this album. I started out as a big alternative rock fan that stumbled apon Candlebox. After I realized just how awesome that band/Kevin Martin is, I naturally wanted more music. The next thing that came was checking all of my recommendations list on Amazon, which led to The Gracious Few.

First and foremost, this album has a few really cool songs on it and the guys seemed to have a blast in making it and touring. Honest Man and Appetite are flat-out great hits.

The best thing that came from this album, though, was a continued Amazon recommendation to check out Throwing Copper. At that point I had never heard of Live. The rest from there is history and it's been awesome to follow Live, Candlebox, The Gracious few, etc.

+Quote Post
Bremang
post Feb 25 2018, 2:26 am
Post #4

Lakini

Group Icon

Bremang is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Srx17 @ Feb 23 2018, 7:58 pm) *

The best thing that came from this album, though, was a continued Amazon recommendation to check out Throwing Copper. At that point I had never heard of Live.

congrats you're the only person in the world to know tfg before live

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 users are reading this topic (3 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: August 21st, 2018 - 4:52 am