> Chicago, IL, March 24th 2007
SJN1279
post Mar 25 2007, 8:16 pm
Post #31

Lakini

Group Icon

SJN1279 is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

Anyone want to take a stab at a setlist?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mercury46
post Mar 25 2007, 8:21 pm
Post #32

FansOfLive Newbie

Mercury46 is on a distinguished road  ()

I'm using their show at the Vic last year as a comparison... THAT was a rocking crowd. Last night, Ed was repeatedly telling everyone to "stand the fuck up!!!!" I'd say at least half the balcony was seated the whole time, and when everyone finally started to get into it during the second encore there were still some folks sitting down. lame. At the Vic, me and those around me were standing the entire time, and Ed wasn't yelling at us to get off our asses... the crowd last night sucked... the band rocked.

+Quote Post
brett
post Mar 25 2007, 9:49 pm
Post #33

FansOfLive Junior

brett is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(Mercury46 @ Mar 25 2007, 8:21 pm) *

I'm using their show at the Vic last year as a comparison... THAT was a rocking crowd. Last night, Ed was repeatedly telling everyone to "stand the fuck up!!!!" I'd say at least half the balcony was seated the whole time, and when everyone finally started to get into it during the second encore there were still some folks sitting down. lame. At the Vic, me and those around me were standing the entire time, and Ed wasn't yelling at us to get off our asses... the crowd last night sucked... the band rocked.

so let me get this straight you're judging the entire crowd on the people who were in the balcony which probably made up 10%?.

and he NEVER said "stand the fuck up". the only time he ever said anything of the sort was when he said "get the fuck up" during Lakini's Juice which he always does.

the only reason you go to the balcony is to get front row or with the sole purpose of SITTING because there are seats.

I was at The Vic too but I cannot speak for the balcony people as I was on the floor, where I always am.

+Quote Post
PurdueSteve
post Mar 25 2007, 10:25 pm
Post #34

Gas Hed

Group Icon

PurdueSteve is off the scale  ()

It was my first Live show so my opinion might not be warranted enough since I cannot compare it to other shows.

I think Ed sounded fantastic. His vocals were powerful and he was able to hit his high notes well. I didn't take and pics of the concert because I just wanted to watch uninterrupted and simply absorb. I had some meet-n-greet passes and just sat on the front row of the balcony watching. Here is the list of songs from memory in no specific order.

Mystery
Love Shines
All over you
Dolphins Cry
Selling the drama
The River
Wings
Voodoo Lady
Heaven
Mirror Song
They stood up for love
Sophia
I walk the line

Encore 1
Lakini's Juice
I alone
RattleSnake

Encore 2
Lightning Crashes
White Discussion
Dance w/ you

This is all I can think of. I'm exhausted and probably missing a few or have the songs in the wrong encore. Perhaps someone could build off of this list and correct it for me. I live in Louisville, been working in Tennessee and drove to Chicago this weekend for the show. 1200 miles in 5 days and I have to get up at 5AM

For those that were at the meet-n-greet I was the idiot with the acoustic guitar. In which I'm really inspired by Live to play and I wanted my guitar to be blessed by them. It might make me sound better guitar.gif eyebrow.gif whistle.gif . I won't be framing it or anything like that, I'm going to continue to use it for my small gigs!!

A quick little interesting story for Chad T. fans, when I walked near him he was signing a womans chest. When he was done, I showed him my guitar and said it's not a boob but it's the next best thing, he took the guitar from me and said. "Ya know, A guitar is built from the soul/essence of a woman." He then held my guitar up to a womans body and compared the curves of the acoustic to the curves of a woman, looked at me and said "See what I mean", smiled, shook my hand and then we chatted for a little bit.

Here are a few of the pics I took. I only took pictures during the first 10 minutes or so of the greet because I just wanted to hang out.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

All in all it was a great first time experience for me, to not only see them in concert but to meet them too. I was sort of surprised by Ed's incredibly soft-spokenness.

This post has been edited by PurdueSteve: Mar 26 2007, 4:04 am

+Quote Post
slainte
post Mar 25 2007, 11:22 pm
Post #35

Rattlesnake

Group Icon

slainte is off the scale  ()

dayum..........great time and thanks for sharing the pics!!!!!

+Quote Post
Tina
post Mar 26 2007, 12:04 am
Post #36

Gas Hed

Group Icon

Tina is off the scale  ()

Awesome pictures!! happy.gif

19 more days.....

+Quote Post
brett
post Mar 26 2007, 12:41 am
Post #37

FansOfLive Junior

QUOTE(PurdueSteve @ Mar 25 2007, 10:25 pm) *

It was my first Live show so my opinion might not be warranted enough since I cannot compare it to other shows.

I think Ed sounded fantastic. His vocals were powerful and he was able to hit his high notes well. I didn't take and pics of the concert because I just wanted to watch uninterrupted and simply absorb. I had some meet-n-greet passes and just sat on the front row of the balcony watching. Here is the list of songs from memory in no specific order.

Mystery
Love Shines
All over you
Dolphins Cry
Selling the drama
The River
Wings
Voodoo Lady
Heaven
Mirror Song

Encore 1
Lakini's Juice
I alone
RattleSnake

Encore 2
Lightning Crashes
White Discussion
Dance w/ you

This is all I can think of. I'm exhausted and probably missing a few or have the songs in the wrong encore. Perhaps someone could build off of this list and correct it for me. I live in Louisville, been working in Tennessee and drove to Chicago this weekend for the show. 1200 miles in 5 days and I have to get up at 5AM

For those that were at the meet-n-greet I was the idiot with the acoustic guitar. In which I'm really inspired by Live to play and I wanted my guitar to be blessed by them. It might make me sound better guitar.gif eyebrow.gif whistle.gif . I won't be framing it or anything like that, I'm going to continue to use it for my small gigs!!

A quick little interesting story for Chad T. fans, when I walked near him he was signing a womans chest. When he was done, I showed him my guitar and said it's not a boob but it's the next best thing, he took the guitar from me and said. "Ya know, A guitar is built from the soul/essence of a woman." He then held my guitar up to a womans body and compared the curves of the acoustic to the curves of a woman, looked at me and said "See what I mean", smiled, shook my hand and then we chatted for a little bit.

Here are a few of the pics I took. I only took pictures during the first 10 minutes or so of the greet because I just wanted to hang out.

All in all it was a great first time experience for me, to not only see them in concert but to meet them too. I was sort of surprised by Ed's incredibly soft-spokenness.

although I think somebody is gonna post a setlist, Rattlesnake was played during the original set as was I Walk The Line and Lightning Crashes which was the last song. They played Sophia and Stood Up For Love just not sure where.

congrats not only on your first Live concert but meet n' greet passes and the fact you got your guitar in and got it signed! I didn't think you were an "idiot". it was very cool. my girlfriend thought so too and she was the one Chad held the guitar up to. thumbsup.gif

your long journey paid off handsomely. victory.gif

+Quote Post
PurdueSteve
post Mar 26 2007, 4:03 am
Post #38

Gas Hed

Group Icon

QUOTE(brett @ Mar 26 2007, 12:41 am) *

although I think somebody is gonna post a setlist, Rattlesnake was played during the original set as was I Walk The Line and Lightning Crashes which was the last song. They played Sophia and Stood Up For Love just not sure where.

Oh my, I can't believe I forgot "I walk the line", that was one of my favs. Told ya I was tired! Lightning Crashes was definitely in the second encore, it was the first song of the second encore. I remember thinking that they weren't going to play it. The rest you're surely correct on.

QUOTE(brett @ Mar 26 2007, 12:41 am) *
congrats not only on your first Live concert but meet n' greet passes and the fact you got your guitar in and got it signed! I didn't think you were an "idiot". it was very cool. my girlfriend thought so too and she was the one Chad held the guitar up to. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. I sort of felt a little out of place with the whole guitar thing, but it's something that meant a lot to me. I checked it in at the coat check. I called ahead and some guy told me to do it that way. Venue didn't care at all. It was interesting after the show when we lined up against that wall. Several ladies approached me, thinking I was in the band, begging for passes. LOL

I have a picture of Chad T. holding the guitar up to your girlfriend if you want it.

+Quote Post
burd
post Mar 26 2007, 5:46 am
Post #39

Gas Hed

Group Icon

burd is off the scale  ()

VERY cool pics Steve!!! THAT was your first show? You mat Patrick at your first show?
My #42 is in a few weeks and STILL NO PATRICK!!!!!!

You've spoiled yourself. hahaha Now you're going to be hooked! A Live-nerd like the rest of us!!! apple.gif

+Quote Post
brett
post Mar 26 2007, 10:57 am
Post #40

FansOfLive Junior

QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Mar 25 2007, 8:16 pm) *

I think between me and PurdueSteve we've got all the songs now we've just gotta figure out what order to put them in. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
brett
post Mar 26 2007, 11:13 am
Post #41

FansOfLive Junior

QUOTE(PurdueSteve @ Mar 26 2007, 4:03 am) *

Oh my, I can't believe I forgot "I walk the line", that was one of my favs. Told ya I was tired! Lightning Crashes was definitely in the second encore, it was the first song of the second encore. I remember thinking that they weren't going to play it. The rest you're surely correct on.
Thanks. I sort of felt a little out of place with the whole guitar thing, but it's something that meant a lot to me. I checked it in at the coat check. I called ahead and some guy told me to do it that way. Venue didn't care at all. It was interesting after the show when we lined up against that wall. Several ladies approached me, thinking I was in the band, begging for passes. LOL

I have a picture of Chad T. holding the guitar up to your girlfriend if you want it.

you're allowed to miss a few. I would too if it was my first time seeing Live and I had after show passes! too funny leaving your guitar at coat check.

I'd almost bet my signed Live shirt that Lightning Crashes was the last song of the original set. my girlfriend can't recall. I remember Adam saying at the meet n' greet how they haven't closed a show with that song in forever and he wasn't talking about the entire show. did I mention I think someone is gonna post a complete setlist?! tongue.gif 19 songs sounds about right. I think they only played 15 in Michigan. It seemed longer but there were breaks in between songs. I believe Ed said they lost or threw out the setlist not that they forgot it as posted earlier.

well if you felt out of place you didn't look it.
I had replied to your post about how the meet n' greet works at The Riv meeting by the bar and not backstage. you should have told the ladies they'd have to earn their passes. eyebrow.gif

Ed is pretty mellow. Gracey is too. Pat is hilarious. Taylor is off the wall.
And you don't have to talk to or look at Adam long to figure out who's brother he is. nice easy going guy.

+Quote Post
PurdueSteve
post Mar 26 2007, 3:41 pm
Post #42

Gas Hed

Group Icon

QUOTE(brett @ Mar 26 2007, 12:13 pm) *

you're allowed to miss a few. I would too if it was my first time seeing Live and I had after show passes! too funny leaving your guitar at coat check.

I was a man on a mission!!

I'd almost bet my signed Live shirt that Lightning Crashes was the last song of the original set. my girlfriend can't recall.

I'll bet you my guitar!! My fiance wrote a paper on Lightning Crashes comparing it to her complicated birth, in which she speaks about feeling greatful for having an opportunity to live. Last year she past away, so that paper and Lightning Crashes means a great deal to me. This being my first show, it was the "must hear" song for me. I was almost bummed [can't be completely bummed because it was a great show] and was soooooo relieved when they opened up the second encore with it.

I believe Ed said they lost or threw out the setlist not that they forgot it as posted earlier.

Yeah, he said they "dropped the setlist" during the show, I'm guessing that meant that they decided not to go with the scheduled list and just make it up as they go!! They did superb IMO

well if you felt out of place you didn't look it.
I had replied to your post about how the meet n' greet works at The Riv meeting by the bar and not backstage. you should have told the ladies they'd have to earn their passes. eyebrow.gif

Thanks, I was getting some looks all night long, so I didn't know if I came off as some kind of Ebayer reseller or something!! I was sooo close to asking the ladies to "earn" a pass, but I am a gentlemen. In my pics above, the blonde woman approached me at the meet and greet, and said "hi, my name is XXXXXX, I just wanted to let you know you played awesome tonight."

I was like WTF, does this chick think I'm in Live??

Ed is pretty mellow. Gracey is too. Pat is hilarious. Taylor is off the wall.
And you don't have to talk to or look at Adam long to figure out who's brother he is. nice easy going guy.

Yeah, I chatted with Adam for quite awhile. I offered to buy him [and the other guys a drink], he was the only one that accepted, and he wanted a Diet Coke!! LOL

The guy in grey in the background of this photo must be you!! Yellin at someone??

IPB Image

+Quote Post
brett
post Mar 26 2007, 5:50 pm
Post #43

FansOfLive Junior

QUOTE(SJN1279 @ Mar 25 2007, 8:16 pm) *

add Run To The Water.
I believe it was in encore #1.
Rattlesnake was in the original set.
more additions to come lol.

+Quote Post
tangled
post Mar 26 2007, 9:57 pm
Post #44

FansOfLive Sophomore

tangled is off the scale  ()

Great pics Steve, thanks for sharing them, and how cool for you!!

i was with Mollie & Staycie for their first show and they got to meet the band the same night too, IN YORK PA, and it's a very cool thing to get to watch happen.
Don't mind Janice, she was with us the NEXT night when the Patrick Hologram didn't show up for the aftershow. no.gif Then there was this tree...

Ooooo i can't WAIT till Lancaster!

+Quote Post
burd
post Mar 26 2007, 10:11 pm
Post #45

Gas Hed

Group Icon

burd is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(tangled @ Mar 26 2007, 10:57 pm) *
Don't mind Janice, she was with us the NEXT night when the Patrick Hologram didn't show up for the aftershow. no.gif Then there was this tree...

Ooooo i can't WAIT till Lancaster!

That was one of about 20 examples of missed opportunities. I think he installed a chip in me somehow and has me monitored.

LOL ... the tree. Dammit.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 users are reading this topic (2 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: September 22nd, 2017 - 3:35 pm