dangum
post May 10 2018, 12:35 am
Post #1

Lakini

Group Icon

dangum is off the scale  ()
Group: Administrator

chrisshinn
Iím ready to finally share what Iíve been working so hard on these last couple of years. Itís been a long, slow process for me. Here goesÖ

I bought a drum kit. Learned to play it.
I bought a nice console and tons of studio gear I hardly knew how to use. Learned to use it. Ö I built THE studio.
I started recording songs and ideas for songs Iíve kept hidden for quite some time.

Itís been exciting, frustrating, and tremendously rewarding doing/playing everything on my own. Iíve never done this before. The tiniest victories have kept me afloat: figuring out the patch bay; learning to comp drums; hellógetting the talkback to work.
As of today, I have a records worth of songs nearly finished. And by finished, I mean they're ready to fend for themselves. I donít have a release date. 6 months would be realistic; hopefully less.
As far as playing shows. I have zero plans. Iíll play that one by ear once the music is finished.

Through this period Iíve really focused on my health and my relationship with Katie. Weíre getting married at the end of this month. We know whatís important in life and have really enjoyed putting roots down in North Carolina. Itís beautiful here.

All of us experience transitions. My last couple of years have tested me like none before. It takes time to grieve. It takes time to heal. You have to listen to your body. It will tell you when itís ready to run again.
THANK YOU for all the encouragement along the way. I read all of your sweet messages and reminders to keep on keepiní on. It really has meant the world to me.
So, thatís about it for now. I will start sharing more after the wedding. Iím so excited to share this music. Thanks for reading this far, and if you donít alreadyó

follow me on Instagram and/or Facebook for updates.
I am running,
Chris Shinn
https://www.facebook.com/ChrisShinnMusic/
@chrisshinn #MyTurn

https://www.instagram.com/p/BikZ3nVACJx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Merica
post May 10 2018, 1:25 am
Post #2

Proverbial G.

Group Icon

Merica is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

Brilliant. Sounds like he's in a good place in his life and that's very nice to read.

And new music is also very welcome.

+Quote Post
Bremang
post May 17 2018, 1:30 am
Post #3

Lakini

Group Icon

Bremang is off the scale  ()

#myturn

sounds like his departure from CCP did a number on him

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
LiveForNow
post May 18 2018, 2:21 pm
Post #4

FansOfLive Junior

LiveForNow is off the scale  ()

Good to hear. From his social media presence it really looked like he was resting on his laurels. Going on exotic vacations, living off the Shinn family money, etc. Glad to see he's working hard. Disappointed though that he doesn't play live. I bet he could draw 100 people in small venues playing solo acoustic songs from his various bands. I'd go see him.

+Quote Post
Shared Belief
post Jun 27 2018, 3:06 pm
Post #5

FansOfLive Freshman

Shared Belief is off the scale  ()

saw this recently. excited. he has a lot of talent. his solo album was really good

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 users are reading this topic (2 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: September 23rd, 2018 - 7:50 pm