Post #526

Gaz Ed

Group Icon

+Ed+ is off the scale  ()
Group: Members

QUOTE(FreakyDee @ Jun 9 2017, 3:01 pm) *

QUOTE(FreakyDee @ Jun 19 2017, 1:34 pm) *

Nah, not those, guys. Not them.

I remember Ed said smth about sex on the beach, like it was not the drink, but the real thing and they played TDC.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fandelive
post Aug 23 2017, 1:17 pm
Post #527

FansOfLive Junior

fandelive is off the scale  ()

QUOTE(+Ed+ @ Aug 23 2017, 3:23 am) *

Nah, not those, guys. Not them.

I remember Ed said smth about sex on the beach, like it was not the drink, but the real thing and they played TDC.

Cold Live at The Chapel

+Quote Post
CanRock1998
post Oct 26 2017, 2:04 pm
Post #528

FansOfLive Newbie

CanRock1998 is on a distinguished road  ()

Hey, relatively new fan of the band and first time posting here. I've been looking for a good quality version of the audio for the MTV Unplugged performance, but everything I've found has had cuts or interference. The best version I've found has been the one uploaded here.LIVE MTV Unplugged

But it's still missing Selling the Drama, and Supernatural is blocked from downloading. I've tried replacing them from other bootlegs, but they all differ in quality or track times, making it really annoying for a perfectionist like me.

I was wondering if whoever originally uploaded this (I think dangum) could do so again and make the 2 missing songs available, or PM me them, etc. Or if anyone else has a better version of the show (i.e. the full intro for Operation Spirit, no interference at the start of I Alone, and no gaps between track transitions), feel free to share with me too!

Thanks for any help, and have a good day!

+Quote Post
dangum
post Oct 26 2017, 10:04 pm
Post #529

Lakini

Group Icon

dangum is off the scale  ()
Group: Administrator

Hi CanRock1998. Welcome to the forum. A clean version of MTV Unplugged (sans interference on I Alone) can be found in the following thread:

[FLAC] Live - Plugged Up & More bootleg CD, MTV Unplugged + bonus

All tracks (Supernatural and Selling the Drama) are downloadable as well. The audio is in the FLAC file format, so if you want it as MP3 then you will need a converter to do that. I recommend Traders Little Helper if you want to do that. http://tlh.easytree.org/

+Quote Post
CanRock1998
post Oct 27 2017, 2:40 am
Post #530

FansOfLive Newbie

QUOTE(dangum @ Oct 26 2017, 11:04 pm) *

Hi CanRock1998. Welcome to the forum. A clean version of MTV Unplugged (sans interference on I Alone) can be found in the following thread:

[FLAC] Live - Plugged Up & More bootleg CD, MTV Unplugged + bonus

All tracks (Supernatural and Selling the Drama) are downloadable as well. The audio is in the FLAC file format, so if you want it as MP3 then you will need a converter to do that. I recommend Traders Little Helper if you want to do that. http://tlh.easytree.org/

Yeah, I downloaded that one already, but I found that the track transitions on that one aren't as smooth (almost as if commercials were cut rather than being uncut soundboard; in general they sound wonky and "off" to me), and the way the tracks are cut is weird and tedious to fix. But in terms of quality, I'm not so much talking bitrate, but more about audio artifacts, such as tape hiss and seamless transitions; the upload I linked to was the best for this, mostly for the fact there was no dead air between tracks in iTunes. I found the copy of the DVD on youtube to have good audio as well, but it's missing the start of Operation Spirit, and I couldn't find a way to extract audio from the DVD files posted here, but I would prefer to try sourcing the audio from the DVD's rather than an older bootleg. If you could help me do that, it would be much appreciated! Thanks for all the help so far.

On another note, do you have a short list for the best shows to have? (Primarily from the Throwing Copper and Secret Samhadi era, but also later shows if they are must haves).

This post has been edited by CanRock1998: Oct 27 2017, 2:41 am

+Quote Post
dangum
post Oct 27 2017, 5:44 am
Post #531

Lakini

Group Icon

Here is another link to an MTV Unplugged DVD. It is the full version (i.e. it has the missing part of Operation Spirit)

[DVD] Live - MTV Unplugged 1995-02-15 + 2 Meter Sessies, complete version and new menu

You can extract the audio from the DVD by using a tool called MKVToolnix. You can download it from here: https://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html

Once you have installed the program follow these steps:

1. Select the "input tab"
2. Right Click in the "source files' box and select "Add Files"
3. Navigate to where the DVD VOB files are located
4. Select "VTS_01_1.VOB"
<MKVToolNix will automatically add the rest of the VOB files>
5. In the "Tracks, chapters and tags" area, UNTICK the MPEG/1-2 box (this is the video)
6. Ensure that only the AUDIO track is selected (it should be PCM or AC3)
7. In the "Destination file" box, select the location where you want the audio to be saved
8. Click on the "Start Mulitplexing" button

It should only take 30 seconds to demultiplex the audio. It will be a single file. You will then need to use your favourite audio editor to split it up and then encode it to MP3 or whatever.

Good luck.

+Quote Post
dangum
post Oct 27 2017, 6:06 am
Post #532

Lakini

Group Icon

QUOTE(CanRock1998 @ Oct 27 2017, 3:40 pm) *
On another note, do you have a short list for the best shows to have? (Primarily from the Throwing Copper and Secret Samhadi era, but also later shows if they are must haves).

Start with these. All pro recordings.

[FLAC] 1997-02-21 "Secret Samadhi Concert Broadcast" (check second post for a Mediafire link)

[Audio] All Over You (bootleg CD)

[Audio] Live 1999-12-09 Ghent, Belgium (Flanders Expo) (this is a TDTH show but the audio quality is great)

Audio] 1997-04-10 - The Paradiso, Amsterdam, Rattlesnake silver CD

[Audio] Live 1995-06-09 Club Gino, Stockholm Sweden

+Quote Post
CanRock1998
post Oct 30 2017, 1:48 pm
Post #533

FansOfLive Newbie

Thanks man!

+Quote Post
CanRock1998
post Oct 31 2017, 7:08 pm
Post #534

FansOfLive Newbie

Would anyone happen to have a good quality version of album art for MTV Unplugged? Mine seems pretty amateurish. I know there are a few different versions due to multiple bootlegs with specific names, but I'm looking for one that's just MTV Unplugged as the title.

+Quote Post

36 Pages V « < 34 35 36
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 users are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Lo-Fi Version Current date & time: November 23rd, 2017 - 10:40 pm